Why Choose Arcadis Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life. Job Description The Infrastructure Business Line of Arcadis seeks a Senior Bridge Inspector to join the team in Atlanta, GA.
This is advanced level technical work supporting engineers in functional areas of bridge and roadway construction inspection; materials sampling, inspection and testing and monitoring construction activities on large complex bridge projects.
Responsibilitiesinclude but are not limited to:
- Conducting constructioninspections on bridge projects in accordance with client's adapted procedures and policies.
- Providing inspection services for conformance to Plans and Specifications for all roadway, structures, and specialty items.
- May function as lead project inspectors conducting independent complex inspections themselves, and supervising lower level inspectors performing routine to moderately complex inspections of bridge and roadway construction processes and materials to assure compliance with the constructioncontract.
- Observing measures and recording all construction quantities for contractor payment.
- Recording field measurements in project records for review by Construction Manager, the client or auditors (records will be recorded on a standard form-field book and/or on field inspection forms to be submitted to the client).
- Reviewing traffic control daily, and additionally as required or requested.
- Documenting weekly (or as often as necessary) project traffic control on required forms and distribute as required.
- Inspecting daily erosion prevention and sediment control (EPSC) items for conformance to the plans as well as effectiveness in the field.
• Preparing an accurate daily diary, signed by the inspector, consisting of:
- A record of the contractors on the project
- Their personnel (number and classification)
- Equipment (number and type or size)
- Location and work performed by each contractor or subcontractor
- Orders given the contractor
- Events of note on the project
- Accidents on the project and any details surrounding the accident such as police report number, fatalities, causes, time, etc. Obtain a copy of the police report for the project records whenever possible.
- Weather, amount of precipitation, temperature at morning, noon, and evening, cloudy, clear, etc.
- Days charged, with explanation if not charged
- Equipment arriving or leaving the project, idle equipment
- Any other details that may be important later in the project life
- High School Diploma or equivalent:
- Ten (10) years of progressive transportationtechnicianexperience as an employee or consultant for a State Highway Agency and constructionexperience on at least six (6) bridges; or
- Two-year technical college with a degree in Civil EngineeringTechnology and seven (7) years of progressive transportationtechnicianexperience and constructionexperience on at least four (4) bridges; or
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Civil EngineeringTechnology and five (5) years of progressive transportationtechnicianexperience and constructionexperience on at least two (2) bridges
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of specifications and standards, acceptable construction practices, materials, methods and equipment used in bridge/highway construction and engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of mathematical functions, including algebraic, geometric, and trigonometric calculations related to bridge/highway/transportation engineering.
- Ability to read and comprehend bridge plans, Bridge Foundation Investigation reports, Contractor’s layouts, and all other documents associated with the project.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and produce test pile and driving pile data. Shall be licensed to operate motor vehicles in accordance with Georgia Law.
- Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission Erosion Control Certification (Blue Card)
- GDOT Worksite Erosion Control Supervisor (WECS)
- OSHA 10 hour or 30 hour certification
- Valid CPR/First Aid certifications
- Basic understanding and competency with MS Office products.
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician
Requisition ID 6718BR