The Financial Analyst position at XPO Logistics supply chain supports a wide range of directors, vice presidents, executive Leadership by providing routine and ad-hocfinancial/operational analysis. A strong candidate will have 2 years of similar experience with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Oracle, financial concepts, data management, and organizational/interpersonal skills. Position will report to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Support the Finance and Accounting group with budgeting variance analysis, financialforecasting/modeling, reporting, and ad-hoc analysis.
- Prepare monthly operations report comparing financial and operational metrics to budgets and prior period performance for various Directors, VPs, and Executive Leadership.
- Work closely with the supply chain management team and site operations to identify, measure, and track key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Design, build, and utilize complex spreadsheets/models in Microsoft Excel to support monthly operations report, KPIs, and ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Design management reports that are concise, logically arranged/organized, professional-looking, and easy to prepare/update/publish on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Perform ad-hocfinancial and operational analysis on an as-needed basis for accountants, controllers, directors, vice presidents, and executive Leadership.
- Must be able to think critically and leverage available resources to troubleshoot reporting issues and data anomalies.
- Candidate must be driven to seek continuous improvement in reports and processes during company-wide growth and expansion.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance, business, economics, statistics, etc. MBA is a plus
- 5+ years in financial/business analyst role
- Familiarity with financial principles and concepts
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to quickly adapt to new ERP systems
- Must be detail oriented with superior analytic skills
- Demonstrate strong initiative to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Time-management, organizational/interpersonal skills are critical to success
- Willingness to work evenings/weekends, as necessary
- Experience working with large databases strongly desired
- Working knowledge of and ability to use Oracle systems and related technologies
- Experience utilizing data from various BI systems
- Ability to work with variety of stakeholders – accountants, controllers, managers, directors, vice presidents
- Familiarity with supply chain/logistics management concepts
Requisition Id: 33486