Product Specialist II (Microbial)
Less than 5 years experience • Biotech/Pharma
BASIC SUMMARY:This position of a Product Specialist II seeks a candidate with both industry and product expertise in the endotoxin testing field. The role will work closely with Microbial Solutions Account Managers to help close deals by delivering high level value propositions and providing subject matter expertise. In addition, they will partner with Product Management teams to support market analysis, product development and training.Responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales targets for assigned product line and services in a designated geographical region. In addition, responsible for providing technical guidance in support of the Account Management and Global Account teams. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead sales program in assigned territory applying technical/scientific skills to compete for customers.
- Generate account-specific sales strategies to sell all company products and services.
- Prepare and provide accurate account forecasts for assigned accounts/territories throughout the year to track achievements versus goals.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to support customers
- Establish regular interface and communication with the Account Management and Global Account team to relay shared goals and targets; develop co-strategies to achieve defined targets; and work cohesively as a team to provide excellence in service to Charles River clients.
- Work with Account Management and Global Account team to generate major account specific sales strategies to close opportunities.
- Fulfill subject matter expertise role, working with marketing to assure design, development and implementation of marketing tools and programs that support company goals.
- Develop and qualify account leads through frequent customer contact and prospecting.
- Gather data on potential customers in the designated geographic region.
- Build relationships with customers to influence the acceptance and use of company products and services.
- Communicate available products and services and inform customers of new products and services in a timely manner.
- Handle initial inquires and qualify all prospective opportunities. Identify the drug development business model at these accounts and effectively communicate the value proposition of the company’s products and services.
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive territory management plan to indicate target opportunities, potential new accounts, expansion of existing accounts and an analysis of competitor accounts.
- As required, give overview of assigned product line and services to internal and external contacts. Share portfolio opportunities to appropriate account manager.
- As required gather data on marketing trend, and competitive products and pricing.
- Communicate Business Unit product and services updates to Sales Management team in a timely manner.
- Utilize CRM to capture customer information.
- Participate and assume support role in national tradeshows.
- Participate in sales meetings as required.
- Complete all required sales documentation in a timely manner.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in related scientific discipline.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Valid driver’s license required.
- Other: Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills. Proficient in the use of standard office computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet