District Sales Manager
As a leader in the sales organization, reporting to the Director, Life Sciences Commercial Canada, the District Sales Manager is accountable for developing and implementing action plans to increase revenue, grow market share and build trusting relationships with our customers. They have accountability to lead their 9-member field team and by doing so provide focus to their team, inspect outcomes, and provide support to achieve desired goals. The District Sales Manager will utilize all of the Thermo Fisher Scientific resources to leverage our teams’ strength and to ensure open and shared communication and goals.
The District Sales Manager plans, organizes and implements sales objectives for the region. They work with and supervise Sales Representatives in the field to gain pertinent information, make formal presentations, and ultimately generate incremental sales volumes. He/she is responsible for coordinating budgets, forecasts, training, and for developing and mentoring field representatives of the region. The District Sales Manager is expected to spend a minimum of 60% of his/her time in the field.
Working out of a home office, the District Sales Manager is a role-model leader providing leadership to their team and leverages the entire organization to build trusting partnerships with their customers.
This position will require approximately 25% travel.
• Bachelor of Science and/or Business Degree accompanied with experience within the scientific/laboratory industry
• At least 3 years of relevant field sales experience; 2+ years of experience managing a sales team would be desirable.
• Self-motivated with the ability to function independently
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills;
• String organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities in relation to growth strategies and to coach others to do so;
• Ability to work from home
• A valid driver's license is required for the position and occasional training outside Canada will require that you possess a valid Canadian passport or a valid passport and visa.
• Bi-lingual (English & French) candidates are desirable.”