11 - 15 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Operations Manager needed for a permanent job position with a manufacturer and distributor in St. Joseph, Michigan. In this role you will manage machining, fabrication, and assembly of engineered products.
You will lead by setting priorities, monitoring and reporting progress, and meeting deadlines. You will lead the assembly, maintenance, and quality personnel as a team to ensure all safety, quality, and assembly standards and operational goals are attained.
Top Reasons to Work with Us?
- Largest manufacturer in its niche on a worldwide basis
- Management invests in facilities, equipment and its employees
What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to be a decision maker and grow professionally
- Excellent benefits
- Management values its employees
What will you be doing?
- Management of the Machining, Fabrication, and Assembly operations, including Scheduling, Financial Performance, and ensuring all deliveries are made on time and in full.
- Create and implement standard operating procedures and promote continuous process improvement.
- Ensure safety, productivity and quality in all assembly operations.
- Partner with senior management and human resources to implement employment actions such as hiring, progressive discipline, evaluations, and promotions.
- Manage the discipline of employees in work-related activities, company policies, and procedures. Counsel employees on personal growth and/ or career development.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships across all levels of departments in order to implement strategic solutions.
- Complete and deliver all Annual Performance Reviews for direct and indirect employees under your management.
- Establish KPI’s for the operations and ensure daily management to drive continuous improvement in customer service and operational efficiencies.
- Act as the primary contact for operations quality issues to implement containment actions, identify root cause, and implement corrective actions
- Well-versed in the use and implementation of lean tools such as: Toyota Production System/Danaher Business System, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Business Process Reengineering, Total Quality Management, Kaizen, TAKT, Kanbans/Pull Systems, Single Piece Flow, Seven Wastes, 5S, Poka-Yoke, PDCA, Hoshin Kanri, Root Cause Analysis, Workshop Management, and KPI's.
- This is a key leadership as well as development role offering growth within the operations organization worldwide. This role will be considered for future management roles to include Plant Manager, dependent on proven results in this role.
- You will interface with multiple levels of employees including, Receiving, Engineering, Quality, and Planning/Scheduling, Shipping leads, Hourly Lead Personnel, HR, Inventory Specialist, Logistics / Transportation Manager, Logistics planners, and Planning teams.
- Additional duties may be included, as assigned by management.
What do you need for this position?
- A BS/BA degree is required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as Production Supervisor or Operations Manager in a high mix/low volume industrial manufacturing operation. Automotive experience would be welcomed. Military experience is welcomed.
- You must be a driving, get-things-done now sort of leader. Must be able to establish accountability immediately, and ensure employee teamwork.
- Strong, metric-driven personality and methodology, and must drive the business for continual improvement of key metrics.
- Significant experience with lean and formal continuous improvement methodologies – solid hands on foundation with lean tools (5S, Daily Management, SMED, 1-pc flow, etc.).
- Financial acumen and planning/schedulingexperience. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ERP (Epicor) system