Have you imagined an opportunity where you could leverage your passion for finance, initiatives and collaboration? HomeAway, a member of the Expedia family of brands, is seeking a Program Manager to partner, lead or in some cases own several highly visible cross functional initiatives affecting HomeAway’s Global Finance Team.
This is an emerging role and will be a member of the Financial Operations team reporting to the Senior Director of Financial Operations and Integration. This role will interact daily with partners across the various finance disciplines (accounting, planning, and tax) as well as non-finance groups like product and engineering and corporate counterparts.
Success depends upon your unique blend of project management experience, financial depth and an agile development mindset. You think deeply about the business, your stakeholders and what the collective you are trying to accomplish.
You’re curious; you ask questions. You leverage resources to find your own answers while you seek expertise from others. You know how to break down large initiatives into digestible pieces and gain commitment from your teammates.
Your approach to decision making is profound and rigorous; you understand the issues, the opportunities, decision rights, accountability and agility. You value communication and documentation and strike the balance of frequency, format and depth for your various audiences.
You thrive in an environment where the pace is always swift, you have several priorities to manage and you must diplomatically manage the interests of multiple stakeholders.
In your drive for quality, you are vigilant over process, task and work product be that your own or others. And when a process doesn’t exist you not only craft one, you also create a playbook so others can benefit from your newfound knowledge.
You bring over 10 years of professional experiences with roles of increasing responsibility and complexity.
Over your career you had the opportunity of serving in a finance discipline as an accountant, financial analyst, tax accountant, financial systems analyst.
You also had the opportunity to serve formally as a project, program or product manager.
As an individual contributor your portfolio of accomplishments demonstrates project management rigor as well as impeccable planning, organizing and communication.
You have demonstrated success as the project management leader on multiple complex initiatives like a an accounting system upgrade/implementation, financial planning system build, or product line launch.
Prior people management and development is not required however you have experienced success in influencing others as a member of a project team. PMP-ACP certification highly desired; PMP certification preferred; CAPM considered for the right candidate.
- Be the primary Finance liaison for assigned initiatives; create project plans; identify project tasks, milestones, dependencies, owners and visuals. Manage self and teammates to plans; update as factors change, creatively source alternatives, and understand root cause of changes.
- Represent at times multiple Finance disciplines at key meetings, demos and working sessions; perform, own or drive Finance follow-ups; own and ensure clear communications to both initiative and Finance teammates; engage Finance subject matter experts as appropriate.
- Understand key processes and deliverables across various finance disciplines at a high level; specialize as assigned initiatives require.
- Provide clear, concise and consistent finance status to broader cross functional teams on assigned initiatives.
- Conversely report clear, concise and consistent initiative status and related metrics to Finance on assigned initiatives.
- As required lead deployment efforts including training and transition to Finance team members.
- Serve as a knowledge base resource to Finance team members on assigned initiatives.
- In collaboration with finance partners, clearly establish roles, responsibilities and decision rights for assigned initiatives.
- Be the source as well as create and maintain a resource for key project artifacts, including on-boarding resources and playbooks.
⁃ Great Medical & Dental Plans
⁃ Competitive Salary
⁃ Target Annual Bonus
⁃ Employee Stock Purchase Plan
⁃ 4-weeks Paid Vacation
- Discounted Vacation Rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
⁃ 401(k) matching
⁃ Free snacks and beverages