This team is building and supporting development of Oracle Cloud services running on Oracle IaaS systems. This is a world-wide team working with Oracle's Product Development Organization and provides a unique opportunity to work with Oracle's latest cloud technologies.
Candidates for this position should have deep knowledge in Cloud Computing, Oracle database, x86 systems, Linux, and networking. You will work with development deploy and support cloud services running on internal cloud system, focused on the databases, and provide feedback to the cloud development organizations. You should be a technical leader capable of leading projects with little oversight and have excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to work with other teams todiagnose issues.
The candidate should have excellent written/verbal skills and create and maintain professional documentation. Good knowledge of Oracle database, cloud orchestrations and TCP/IP are essential. Network storage experience is valuable. 10 years of infrastructure experience with cloud computing experience is preferred.
10 years of experience with 5 of those years in cloud orchestrations, plus linux, networks, and x86technologies.
Cloud computing experience (EC2, CloudStack,OpenStack, Object Storage). Technical leadership experience, capable of leading projects with little oversight.
• In-depth knowledge of Oracle database, linux, virtual machines, cloning, snapshots. Detailed understanding of networks (VLans, NAT, routing, firewalls, vxlan) .
• Provide daily management and reporting of the customer on-boarding and system implementation.
• Confirm scope of the implementation activities with the customer.
• Schedule meetings, project tasks and key milestones.
• Manage customer expectations of the implementation.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills, teamwork skills and ability to work across functional teams, across geographies and across cultures.
• Perform implementation validation to ensure all deliverables met with each customer
• Interface with other team members inside and outside Cloud Operations.
• Adhere to all security policies, standards and procedures.
• Ability to operate with minimal supervision, drive change management processes while overcoming technical and non-technical obstacles and maintain flexible work schedule.
• Respond to and resolve emergent service problems. Perform on-call duty as part of a global team.
This team is supporting the development and QA of Oracle IaaS systems, as well as the internal IaaS systems providing development VM capacity
This is a world-wide team working with Oracle's Product Development organization, focused on the Oracle's IaaS development team.
This job provides a unique opportunity to work with Oracle's latest cloud technologies.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatlypreferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalentdesired.