Sr. Specialist, Healthcare Finance
5 - 7 years experience • Advertising & Marketing Services
Sharecare is a digital health company helping people manage all of their data on one online wellness platform. We provide our members with personalized information and expert resources to empower them to improve their health through the RealAge Test and AskMD. In 2016, Sharecare acquired the Population Health division of Healthways, including the Blue Zone Project and Ornish Lifestyle Medicine program. Together as one, Sharecare offers a broad set of programs to guide you in living your healthiest, fullest life. We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to work hard, have fun on the job, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day!
The Sr. Specialist, Healthcare Finance has responsibility for the development and analysis of contractually required customer reports and serves as subject matter expert and technical resource within the department. The Sr. Specialist, Healthcare Finance may be assigned to support internal workgroups tasked with assessing global issues both within the finance team and across the company. This individual develops specific technical, product, and industry competencies in order to facilitate general growth and knowledge among finance team members.
• Responsible for report delivery and outcomes presentation to internal colleagues and support to external customers, as required
• Reviews the analysis, preparation, and presentation of outcomes and process metrics using healthcare claims data and/or operations data
• Responsible for tracking progress in on-going outcomes reports and manage priorities for upcoming outcomes reports
• Interacts with the Information Systems (IS) department extensively
• Manages the production and development of utilization and cost information
• Collaborate with Account team, Operations, Solutions/Product to assure efficient and effective program delivery and results
• Generally requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Proficient use of healthcare data, i.e., eligibility, claim, utilization, provider.
• Proficient in any one or more of the following: SAS or SQL
- Proficient in MS Access and Excel
• Solid understanding of the healthcare industry with health plan operations, preferred
• Understanding of healthcare claims processing, rules, and regulations.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.