Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. Together, we can touch the lives of millions by creating sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is seeking a Senior Sales Executive who will be responsible for generating new license and professional services revenue from new and named accounts within an assigned territory. The expectation is that 50% of the Sales Executive’s time will be spent face to face with customers and prospects. They will use strategic, consultative selling techniques to grow the Enterprise Software footprint in their geographic territory. This role will develop account and territory sales plans and strategies to ensure success
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop sales plans, strategies, and work with the extended Enterprise Software team to create final solution presentations designed to enhance revenue growth and meet customer needs.
• Travel throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to identify, progress and close opportunities.
• Analyze customers' needs and recommend solution that best meets the customers' requirements.
• Work under general supervision from Regional Sales Leader with some autonomy.
• Develop broad relationships within new and named accounts at all levels of the organization by maintaining regular contact with users and timely and valuable communication with executives to demonstrate value and ensure satisfaction.
• Remain knowledgeable of organization's products/services as well as industry dynamics and news to facilitate sales efforts.
• Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, Enterprise Software ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
• Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Promptly follow up on marketing leads, drive attendance to marketing driven events and leverage Enterprise Software marketing to build pipeline.
• Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into Salesforce.com database.
• Ensure accurate forecasting quarterly by using salesforce.com for opportunity management.
• Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries, escalate as appropriate for timely response.
• Participate as an Enterprise Software representative at trade shows.
• Other duties may be assigned to support the organization and its goals.
• High school diploma or GED and 16 years of software related sales experience OR;
• Associates degree and 14 years of software related sales experience OR;
• Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of software related sales experience OR;
• Master’s degree and 10 years of software related sales experience
• Degree in marketing or business administration or business related degree
• History of success developing regional target market pipeline growth for any related geographic territory.
• Demonstrated experience of successful selling into Energy, Utilities and/or Natural Resource industries
• Develop their overall plan and forecasting sales results for both the short and long term.
• Manage and set clear, measurable performance goals to achieve their sales quotas.
• Be field-minded with the interest and ability to travel and meet new and/or existing clients, partners and colleagues when necessary.
• This individual is persuasive and rapidly commands credibility and respect. S/he possesses excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written) ' and is well-versed in representing the company to senior executives; business partners and C-suite executives etc.
• Should possesses a hands-on orientation with a demonstrated record of leading the negotiation and closing of major sales opportunities with senior customer executives ' and has experience developing and leading revenue planning and forecasting ' territory planning ' pipeline management ' account development ' and sales compensation systems and processes (Saleforce.com preferred).
• Must be an action-oriented individual who can handle multiple tasks.
• A “continuous learner" with the ability to adapt to changing market conditions and willing to share best practices to enhance their fellow sales representative’s ability to be successful.
***Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the United States***