We are seeking an experienced Category Manager to contribute to our merchandising efforts in Natural Foods at Thrive Market. Our brand is strong within the natural products world and food is our largest category. The Category Manager will be responsible for driving revenue and margin through product assortment, product selection, vendor relationship management, visual merchandising, and a keen understanding of trends. Our merchandising team is lean and as a business we are growing quickly, which means priorities change constantly. We’re looking for a nimble, accomplished professional who is equally comfortable designing processes, setting strategy, and working the weeds in excel. The role will require 20% travel to trade shows and vendor meetings.
- Grow and manage the Natural Foods category to meet expansion goals including revenue, margin and other KPIs
- Identify, seek out and cultivate vendor relationships. Negotiate pricing and cost of goods, pitch co-marketing opportunities, and be a strong representative of Thrive Market’s brand and values in every interaction
- Live the numbers. Track, measure and analyze data. Report KPIs and metrics.
- Drive strategy for visual merchandising and collaborate with Product, Technology and Marketing teams to optimize conversion on our website
- Be curious, experimental, and rigorous in your research to make sure Thrive is on-trend and setting the bar for new products. Know the competitive landscape inside-out.
- Conduct regular bottoms-up forecasting that rolls into the company’s revenue plan
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and be a positive leader both within the merchandising team, and the company as a whole.
- 5+ years of experience in a buying or category management role focused on natural foods. Ecommerce experience highly preferred.
- Fluency in technical and tactical merchandising: excel, excel….excel.
- Deep knowledge of consumer trends and behavior in the natural and organic space
- Exemplary communication skills: you can present, write clear/concise emails, and understand the nuances of how best to communicate with different teams and people
- Self-directing and self-correcting: you’re a natural problem solver skilled at prioritization
- Over-the-top excitement about making healthy affordable food available to every American