Do you want to work on cloud hosted, high traffic web and mobile applications using the latest technologies? Do you want to make a difference in the day to day life of veterinarians and pet owners as part of highly innovative and well respected company? VetConnect Plusis breaking new ground in veterinary information management and this is your chance tobecome part of our growing team of talented software testers.
The ideal candidate enjoys the challenge of looking at complex applications from different perspectives to ensure that the customer / stakeholder expectations are exceeded.In this role, the Software Test Analyst will develop and drive the test strategy, including automation, by collaborating with other test, development and product owner team members.
What will I do?
- Develops and executes formal testing plans, procedures and scenarios for manual or automated testing to ensure quality of software applications.
- Reviews and assesses test coverage to ensure thorough quality review.
- Identifies risks, plans release test strategy, writes test cases, and executes tests.
- Performs smoke, application, functional, integration, and regression testing web and mobile platforms
- Openly communicates and works collaboratively with software development within an Agile environment.
- Documents and tracks test results, defects and other quality metrics. Enters problems and issues into system and participates in troubleshooting and resolution.
- Implements quality standards and best practices, contributing ideas and effort toward continuous improvement of the team.
Am I qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years working within software development or QA environment.
- Demonstrated experience with SDLC methodologies, including Agile/Scrum.
- Solid experience in all facets of testing as well as automation.
- Experience with assessing risk, risk mitigation strategies and developing release/feature test planning activities.
- Experience testing Web UI and REST APIs.
- Also a plus, experience with Behavior Driven Development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines.
- Energetic and Self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members.
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 7,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time - biotechnology and information technology.We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
IDEXX has a new state of the art, LEED certified, world campus which fosters an innovative and collaborative work environment and promotes wellness; offering an impressive onsite fitness center, health clinic, and many healthy dining choices! In support of health and wellness, IDEXX is also a tobacco free campus.
If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!