Provide strategic HR leadership to the Charlotte, NC site within Synchrony Financial. Partner with Leaders and Managers of People to deliver comprehensive HR support to approximately 630 Enterprise Operations employees and cross functional support to 225 employees. Manage, coach and lead a team of HR professionals.
- Partner with business leaders to develop and drive HR strategies to achieve overall business objectives. Proactively develop HR strategies to meet short and long-term business needs and manage strategies from conception to implementation
- Provide HR advice and counsel to Synchrony Financial leadership team, helping develop solutions and strategies to meet business needs
- Drive key HR initiatives across the function, including but not limited to organizational effectiveness, employee relations, talent acquisition, succession planning, compensation programs, performance management and employee development
- Lead and develop the Functional HR team members to ensure effective HR/business partnership and service delivery throughout the organization. Lead efforts to improve HR process efficiency and effectiveness
- Partner with site leadership and local HRMs to implement proactive employee relations strategies, leading initiatives across sites to drive employee satisfaction, diversity, retention and a positive work environment
- Rigorously manage HR compliance in accordance with applicable employment laws, state and government regulations and Synchrony Financial policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- 8+ years HRexperience
- 4+ years management level HRexperience – technical depth in multiple HR disciplines (employee relations, development etc) and proven execution in large and complex organizations
- BA/BS in relevant discipline
- Masters degree in Business or Human Resources
- Leadership program graduate
- Strong business acumen and HR leadership experience – proven track record of acting as a strategic HR business partner with senior leadership
- Strong external focus and superior client relationship skills
- Proven leadership skills – demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team
- Strong relationship and influencing skills with ability to effectively engage at all levels of the organization and across P&Ls/functions
- Proven track record in developing and executing comprehensive HR strategic plans
- Strong leadership coaching and assessment skills
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical capability – ability to anticipate business needs and develop HR strategies to meet short and long-term business needs
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, employee relations and conflict resolution skills
- You must be 18years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 – 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don’t meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.