The Senior Instructional Designer will be responsible for the design & development of instructionally sound, contemporary learning experiences to strengthen organizational performance and the development of O'Reilly team members and leaders.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis identifying and planning appropriate instructional design strategies developing learning objectives, curriculum, learning activities and assessment materials based on analysis of tasks, learners and subject matter.
- Leads the instructional development process for developing instructionally sound, engaging training materials, for both instructors and students
- Ability to expertly write questions utilizing different levels of learning based on instructional design principles
- Actively stays current and applies the use of best practices, adult learning principles and contemporary standards from the learning/training & development industry
- Can successfully and collaboratively engage with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), at all levels, to identify and determine learning needs and the development of content
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years' experience in instructional design or related field
- Instructional design skills for corporate training environment
- Content authoring tools (Captivate, Camtasia, etc)
- Developing multimedia for training solutions
- Project management
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent communication and human relations skills, with the ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy, and work collaboratively
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field desired (Learning/Education, Instructional Systems Design, Human Performance and Improvement)
- Special training in established and contemporary instructional design techniques desired
- Adult learning principles and instructional design theories (Blooms Taxonomy, Gagne's Nine Events, and/or similar instructional design theories)
- Instructional design models (ADDIE or related)
- E-learning development tools and standards
- Multimedia development (Adobe products, Camtasia and/or related)
- Design and develop contemporary learning experiences leveraging the best thinking in engaged/interactive learning and activities, work-embedded scenarios, and simulations making the learning engaging and fun
- Ability to develop in various training modes and methods (classroom, e-learning, blended performance support, training manuals, quick reference guides, etc)
- Must have the ability for periodic travel.