GENERAL DESCRIPTION OR PURPOSE OF JOB: The goal and purpose of this position is to provide strategic leadership to the team in an effort to obtain team and client service initiatives. This includes ensuring that the plan and direction for clients is executed, strategic insight is provided into their marketing plans and new ideas are presented to these clients on a regular basis. The other key aspects of the position include performance management, leadership, development of Account Executive (AE), internal and external communication, project management, monitoring and troubleshooting issues within the programs, ideation, relationship building/tracking, understanding processes and workflow, organization/multi-tasking, sales, client services, maximization of technology to create efficiencies, department collaboration, and ensuring team financial objectives are achieved or exceeded. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Strategic Account Management:
- Continuously recommend to new ideas/concepts/tactics and formulate strategic plans with the team
- Develop, manage and coordinate strategies for multiple clients
- Provide daily communication via phone, email and/or direct contact with determined client contacts at manager level
- Provide direct oversight, management, leadership and guidance to team of Account Executive (s) and/or Assistant Account Coordinator(s) Internal strategic direction
- Help drive the selling processes of Novus Media initiatives (i.e. online and analytics).
- Provide strategic direction to new/opportunistic clients
- Monitor budgets and negative margin to ensure we are staying on track with yearly goals
- Understand and foster referral opportunities from client relationships
- Investigate industry news and information to further enhance knowledge of the media industry
- Perform various other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS /QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business Administration, Marketing or Communications)
- 5+ years of comprehensive media and/or client service experience, with 2+ years in a leadership/supervisory role with the ability to delegate authority and responsibility
- Proven experience in a business development/client service driven environment; experience in print media and/or direct response a plus
- Be a proactive self-starter.
- Have polished communication and listening skills as well as negotiating (internal/external).
- Have strong organizational skills as applied through an ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage multiple changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to build strong relationships (internal/external) that lead to maintained business, additional business, program implementation, enhanced processes/increased efficiencies, open communication, constructive criticism, collaboration, conflict resolution, and the overall success of the company
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively influence others; well developed facilitation/presentation skills
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternate solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals; demonstrated intellectual capabilities
- Travelrequired as dictated by needs of the clients, referral partners, and scheduled conferences
- Advanced PC skills to include all Microsoft Office products
CONTACTS AND COMMUNICATIONS: This position has contacts within/throughout the organization at all levels, including employees, managers, directors, vice presidents and officers; with outside vendors, clients, and suppliers of services and products; and should maintain a strong external network of professional relationships with others in the media industry.