HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
The Process Improvement Director – Operating Room is responsible for the successful implementation of assigned projects as defined and prioritized by Division and PI leadership. This position plays a key role in division and facility Surgical Services Department process improvement projects by performing operational assessments and analyses, researching and identifying best practices, facilitating groups and teams, managing projects, presenting results and recommendations, and developing measurement tools, to improve HCA operating processes toward greater efficiency and effectiveness. This individual will work directly with division, facility, and physician representatives to collaborate and deliver timely and value added assessments, action plans, and results that improve OR operations. This position is critical in achieving targeted objectives in selected OR departments through process, cost and productivity improvements.
This position serves as resource/member of the PI division team in the completion of a minimum of2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis
- Assist facility leaders to implement best practices within the Perioperative departments and identify clinical improvement and cost-savings initiatives.
- Assess clinical andfinancialopportunities including:
- Appropriate administration and management of Perioperative departments
- Assess skill mix opportunities, scheduling, agency nurse usage, staffing and on-callstaffing for all Perioperative nursing units.
- Utilization initiatives
- Appropriate schedule and block usage
- Supply chain optimization
- Product and vendor selection opportunities
- Analyzes all aspects of Surgical Services performance for potential improvement opportunities.
- Maintains OR Dashboard data.
- Designs and recommends processes, systems, procedures, and operational changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in the establishment of operational work measurements and staffing standards.
- Performs monitoring of throughput metrics and analysis of variances.
- Perform data mining and review of financial and clinical data to assess Surgical Services for operational and financial opportunities.
- Serves as resource/member of the PI division team in the completion of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis.
- Use extracted data to quantify the financial impact of Surgery cost saving ideas.
- Assist in designing meaningful and realistic action plans for the implementation of process improvement ideas.
- Actively communicate with facility, division, and corporate stakeholders to manage the project expectations and activities.
- Develop, execute, and maintain project work plans for each current project and work directly with the department local leadership.
- Serves as a facilitator, technical advisor, and analyst to hospital management and teams on the use of process improvement tools and techniques, analytical techniques, and statistical applications.
- Actively participates in projects and conversations with Surgical Services-focused peers in other divisions via corporate support structure and contributes to enterprise knowledge bank.
- Support bed management or other improvement efforts adjacent to operations of Surgical Services
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Master’s degreepreferred. Relative work experience and/or certifications may substitute.
- 7+ years professional experience; 4-6years relevant work experience
- Must be proficient in written and verbal skills
- Experience within healthcare operations required
- Division based, travelrequired, % based on division geographic locations
Job Code: 10215-22782