Hospital Solutions Delivery Consultant
5 - 7 years experience • Medical Devices & Diagnostics
About the Role
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices. Boston Scientific transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
The purpose of the Healthcare Solutions & Partnerships team is to help establish Boston Scientific as a leading healthcare Solutions provider. This is achieved by engaging in long-term partnerships with customers, providing them with products, services and solutions which are differentiated and tailored to their needs.
Reporting to the US Healthcare Solutions and Partnership Director, the core objectives of this role are to deliver our suite of solutions to our targeted customer segment, typically the Cardiology Departments of large healthcare providers. This includes analyzing performance of cardiology departments, clinics and care networks and participating in the resulting projects to improve patient access, increase throughput and reduce overall cost, while improving patient- and staff satisfaction.
The position will work closely with the US Healthcare Solutions team and relevant 3rd party solution providers to implement innovative services and solutions at customer locations. The Solutions Delivery Consultant, as a domain expert, will work closely with the Solutions Architect to execute the contracts that are aimed to deliver clinical, operational and financial outcomes to the customers.
Your responsibilities include
- Under the leadership of the Solutions Architect, establish a project charter and plan for each engagement component with clearly stated and agreed upon goals & objectives.
- Own execution of some of the components of a Solutions offering as part of a contract or mission, under the coordination of a Solution Architect who project manages the delivery of the contract as a whole.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders, internally and externally, to ensure the project proceeds according to the plan, making adjustments to the plan as necessary, aligned with the project's goals & objectives.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the Solutions Delivery Team to define, plan and execute the implementation of projects and service programs for Healthcare Solutions customer hospitals
- Bring domain expertise, such as process re-engineering, to the implementation of outcome driven projects.
- Core member of Solutions customer account delivery teams and participate as needed in the commercial process for potential engagement opportunities as a domain expert.
- Work with Project Management Office to refine approach, sharing learnings and best practices.
- Track and report on key metrics to Director, US Sales and Delivery Project Management Office, aligned with overall goals & objectives. Ensure that gains and savings are accurately tracked for both the customer and Boston Scientific
- Work collaboratively and build relationships with colleagues within team and with contacts across divisions, functions and geographies.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years work experience in project management and/or consulting within healthcare industry
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and analytical skills to resolve complex issues in creative ways.
- Proven ability to work and influence across a matrix environment.
- Strong communicator internally and externally, builds networks, and partners with peers.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Creative thinker, comfortable in challenging existing practices and the status quo.
- Change oriented, able to operate in an area of uncertainty and with changing/limited resources.
- Proven experience of successfully working within cross border or virtual teams.
- 40+% travelrequired
- Master's degree
- Lean/six sigmaexperience