National Sales Support Manager - Media
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
The National Sales Support Manager has a dotted line of National Sales Specialists and National Sr. Sales Specialists that support the national business transacted through the NCC rep firm. This position plays a key role in hiring, training, coaching and developing a team of 8-12 sales support professionals. The goal of this team is to help support the National Sales Managers and Directors, as well as to provide efficient and timely support of our clients to meet their advertising needs. The National Sales Support Manager will report to the Divisional VP of National Sales and will have a strong dotted line reporting relationship to the Sales Support leadership team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all division Specialists and Sr. Specialists.
- Review and adjust workloads of team appropriately.
- Understand and work to improve the workflow for all lines of business.
- Understand all available sales products (TV and Digital advertising products)
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting and onboarding all team members.
- Responsible for training all team members.
- Responsible for retaining best practices as they relate to NCC and workflow.
- Plays a major role in overseeing career development and progression for team members.
- Regularly meets with National Sales management to understand and improve the salesexperience for clients.
- Works cross functionally with Operations, Finance, Pricing and Inventory, Production, Field Research and Marketing to ensure workflow is working appropriately.
- Support National Sales Managers and Directors with sales tracking.
- Review monthly KPIs and determine needs of the market and the ongoing training needs of team members.
- Assists in market reporting that is requested.
- Provides VP of National Sales clarity and input on support team.
- Serves on a team with otherSales Support leaders to recommend enterprise wide best practices to adopt.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience, preferably 2+. Additional experience providing coaching, performance management and team development is also ideal.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in an Advertising sales environment, with 1-3 years in Sales Support, Account Planning, Marketing, Client Solutions or Operations.
- Knowledge of Ad Sales products (TV & digital) is preferred.
- Previous experience with ad sales fulfillment systems such as Stratview, TIM and/or CRM platforms.
- A Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and/or experience.