We have a new opportunity for a Superintendent in Kirkland. Fairfield Residential is developing a mixed-use apartment community consisting of 200+ apartment homes along with retail space. Our luxurious apartment community is part of a new development called The Village at Totem Lake, which features a luxury theater, a new park, and unique retail and restaurants.
We are looking for candidates with at least 8years of experience in Multifamily New Construction within the Seattle market. Must also have experience overseeing the field activities on projects worth $100M+.
The Superintendent oversees the daily construction activities at work site, including scheduling of workers, delivery of equipment and materials, and progress of the project. Works with contractors to complete project within the given budget and timeframe. Resolves contract disputes and arranges any necessary order changes. This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Prepare and issue the site logistics plan, identify construction parking and staging areas.
- Have complete knowledge of all contract drawings and specification. Maintain a working set of the latest issue construction drawings and specifications.
- Ensure change order approval has been secured before proceeding with any work outside the contract scope.
- Develop, produce, and issue the masterconstructionschedule. Regularly review the work plan for the entire project and issue short term 2-week interval work schedules every week. Monitor and record actual construction progress on the planned masterconstructionschedule.
- Plan the work and optimize field crews in order to achieve and maintain maximum trade productivity with the most efficient labor and material costs. Prepare and submit weekly labor detail reports.
- Develop and maintain production targets for all direct work. Communicate cost codes for timesheets and procedures for effective cost controls.
- Undertake new work activities only after proper and documented trade safety training has occurred. Enforce the safety plan.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of all subcontractors. Know the work of the subcontractors as well as they do.
- Initiate and hold weekly safety and subcontractor meetings. Record and issue meeting notes.
- Produce work quality which meets or exceeds company standards and all applicable code and contract requirements. Cooperate with and implement appropriate quality assurance programs.
- Maintain tools and equipment inventory and maintenance systems. Keep the Project Manager informed of needs and problems.
- Inform the Project Manager of the required delivery date of all permanent materials and equipment for communication to vendors, suppliers and/or subcontractors. The Project Superintendent is directly responsible for expediting all deliveries to the site.
- Keep daily diary of events. Prepare and submit daily diaries to the Project Manager if requested. The daily diary will become part of the close out documents.
- Handle all labor relations on the project. Keep Project Manager informed and obtain main office assistant when necessary.
- Keep the Project Manager informed at all times of project safety, schedule, and cost information.
- Review and approve timesheets of field personnel. Ensure correct hours and cost coding and supply an adequate narrative of work performed if requested.
- Assist the Project Manager with reviewing subcontractor’s monthly Payment applications.
- Conduct and deliver performance appraisals of all field personnel.
- Train all new personnel.