Area Vice President, Named Accounts
11 - 15 years experience • Software
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
We are seeking West Area Vice President, Named Accounts to join and lead our rapidly expanding team in the North America market. In this role you will lead a group of Regional Sales Directors and Sales teams in identifying, developing, and retaining top talent in order to deliver consistent revenue growth. You will play a hands-on role with the field sales organization in this customer facing and highly visible position, including direct participation in closing deals at key accounts. This role will report to the Vice President, North America Field Sales, Named Accounts and be based in California.
- Lead a team of dedicated Regional Sales Directors
- Responsible for employee development to create our next generation leaders.
- Develop strategic plans with tactical execution to gain wallet share from existing customers and market share from the competition.
- Establish and maintain key customer relationships
- Develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Execute on a partner plan to drive incremental revenue through the channel
- Partner with Sales Engineering, Professional Services, Marketing, and Support to close deals, drive revenue and adoption
What you bring to the team
- 10+ years of experience successfully leading high performing field sales teams spread over a large geography
- Prior experience selling Security Archive and Governance solutions
- Strong knowledge of new and current technologies and trends in the Securitylandscape
- Strong industry contacts in the prospective customer and influencer communities
- Outstanding consultative selling skills and ability to clearly and effectively articulate the company’s value proposition
- Strong business acumen with the ability to create a business plan, build a strong business pipeline, accurately forecast and close business
- Experience building demand generation plans with marketing
- Experience selling into the Fortune 1000
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to conduct sales presentations and interact effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
- Keen sense for employee development
- Excellence in resolving issues and creating win/win outcomes
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!