7,000 people, one global focus - enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock
We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – where caring and committed people come together to make things better.
The Product Manager IDEXX Direct will be responsible for the strategic direction of our service offering; including marketing programs, technical programs, strategy, planning, product definition, and/or financial return. Responsibilities include product design, market segmentation, launch, maintenance and growth. Serve as subject matter expert on IDEXX Direct and possess high level of technical acumen.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take responsibility for the service category roadmap and positioning including creating, updating and maintaining marketing materials and supporting campaigns in cooperation with commercial marketing, identifying opportunities, developing communications strategies and documenting/creating feature requirements
- Assist, define and establish the strategic direction of worldwide service category in line with LOB strategy and IDEXX mission
- Identify customer needs and market trends, recommend pricing strategy, understand competitive offerings, gather insights to shape the direction of the service category
- Assist in the development of a market segmentation strategy, define customer’s needs and anticipate future needs
- Coordinate with marketing, engineering, R&D, sales, medical leadership, financeothers to ensure overall service category success
- Advocate for resources to ensure timely and impactful roadmap execution
- Identify, prioritize and negotiate to build the best possible set of features to be included in the service category roadmap
- Communicate with customers to gain feedback on user product experiences and opportunities. Ensure correct features are identified, considering customers, sales, finance, related lines of business and others. Prioritize and negotiate to build best possible set of features to be included and developed in the new products.
What do you need to succeed? Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Advanced Degree in technology or business preferred
- Typically, 4+ years of relevant industry experience and product marketing experience
- Science background preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge/experience with healthcare/diagnostic technologies
- General knowledge of marketing and product management, including product development, segmentation/targeting, product positioning/pricing and forecasting/promotion, progressing to expert level knowledge of product management practices and tools at the senior levels within this job family
- Solid reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues and perform prioritization exercises
- Solid financial management and analysis skills
- Ability to lead small, focused teams progressing to the recognized ability to lead, energize and mentor larger, more complex teams and programs
- Organized, with ability to manage and prioritize several projects at once
- Influencing skills to gain commitment and support for decisions and motivate the organization to support the product line
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong/advanced presentation skills; ability to present and explain product information to all audiences
- Some travelrequired
- General office environment or light laboratory/industrial, with some areas to assemble equipment decontaminate potential biohazards and bench repair instruments.
- Normal office noise level.