Business Unit Summary
The HSN Piney Flats, Tennessee fufillment center works behind the scenes to ensure our customers receive the right product quickly and efficiently. This 24 hour operation offers employees the chance to work in a state-of-the-art automated distribution environment.
A Day in the Life
The Director of Maintenance is a key leadership position on the Fulfillment Operations management team. The position has responsibility for all Facilities Maintenance functions for the HSN fulfillment centers. This includes setting the strategic direction on the following facilities management topics: preventative and predictive maintenance of HSN’s automated and manual fulfillment processing equipment, facilities project and contract management, facility safety requirements and standardization of facility metric capture and reporting. This role also holds budgetary responsibility for in-house maintenance labor, contracted service providers, supplies and utilities.
- Provide leadership and direction to Maintenance team in all HSN fulfillment centers
- Manage new installations, emergency repairs, equipment testing and contracted maintenance compliance
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, proactive and flexible maintenance program to ensure HSN's new automated material handling systems are operating consistently, effectively, safely, and with a minimum of downtime
- Consult on and support key project decisions as a Subject Matter Expert on the ongoing Supply Chain Optimization project and associated automated equipment and new processes
- Project manage key initiatives and projects, including supervising and coordinating the work of contractors
- Lead a training program across all centers that enhance the mechanic skill set to better meet the needs of our operation, as well as ensure ability to support new automated technologies
- Lead and manage a team of employees; scheduling, interview, assess and conduct performance evaluations, manage attendance records, perform payroll transactions, lead and attend meetings and provide counseling to employees
- Lead an effective inventory tracking and monitoring system with regards to spare parts, materials, tools, and supplies
- 15-25% travel primarily to fulfillment centers in Roanoke, Virginia and Fontana California
Keys to SuccessAt HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BachelorDegree or equivalent
- 10+ years of leadership experience managing maintenance teams in a distribution or manufacturing automation
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems
- Mechanical aptitude required including knowledge of conveyors, mechanical drives, shafts, bearings, and powered lift equipment
- Proven project management experience
Nice to Haves
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) knowledge
- Experience with Schaefer Systems (SSI) automation a plus