Investigators will conduct background investigations on a full-time basis in support of national security, initially focusing on casework for the National Background Investigations Bureau (NBIB). Casework for othercontracts will be assigned based on Investigator qualifications and business need.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, conducting background investigations for the purpose of determining employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. Government information. Investigators will conduct face-to-face interview with the subject and his/her neighbors, employers, friends, and family. Investigators will also perform record searches at police agencies, courthouses, educational institutions, financial institutions, and medical/mental health facilities. Investigators then report all obtained information in a clear and concise report on a government computer system (provided).
Approved expenses during casework such as tolls, parking, etc., will be reimbursed, and a computer is provided. Investigators work from their own homes with remote supervision and are paid hourly. Employee Investigators must be willing to regularly work within a 50-mile radius from their home, with travel to greater distances on same-day travel based on company need. Occasionally the Company seeks volunteers for nationwide travel up to 4 weeks at a time, which may be required if business needs dictate. The Company gives as much notice as possible, and typically no less than 1-2 weeks’ notice.
The levels of this position are based on a productivity system with the more experienced investigators held to a higher level of productivity per week. Investigators travel to and from appointments and record collection sites.
Investigators without NBIB investigative experience within the last 12months or documentation showing they have been trained to the National Training Standard must be willing to attend a 12 week training class. Of the 12 weeks of training, 2 consecutive weeks will take place at our Loveland, Colorado headquarters office or another designated location depending on availability (travel expenses are covered).
KeyPoint offers a generous benefit package including a 401k plan with a company match as well as a competitive paid timeoff package that includes paid company holidays, sick and vacation time.
- Candidates with experience conducting NBIB or other federal background investigations preferred; if there are no applicants with NBIB experience, candidates with 4 years of general work experience or a Bachelor's degree may be considered
- Active federal security clearance with an SSBI is preferred; if chosen candidate does not have an active clearance, the candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a federal government securityinvestigation, which includes an investigation of 10+ years of history including items such as residence, education, employment, financial, medical, and personal records
- U.S. citizenship (required for security clearance)
- A professional demeanor
- Must have excellent organizational, scheduling and prioritization skills
- Must maintain high level of confidentiality, ethics and integrity
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills and have the ability to communicate well with individuals from various backgrounds
- Due to the nature of this position, a valid driver's license and reliable transportation are required; May use public transportation if available and practical. Driving is an essential function of the job and Motor Vehicle Records may be checked as part of the hiring process or at any time during employment. Drivers with poor driving histories will not be considered.
- Investigators are required to carry sufficient motor vehicle insurance, specifics of which may be changed from time to time
- Intermediate typing (40+ WPM recommended) and computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage time with limited supervision
- Ability to professionally and effectively interact with a variety of individuals
- Able to work in a fast-paced changing environment
People who have joined us as investigators include those with the following backgrounds: criminal justice, educators, law enforcement/police, criminal or fraud investigators, federal investigators, military/veterans and security professionals.
Req No. 2017-7487