If you are looking for a career as a software engineer, and you are interested in designing, developing and rapidly deploying solutions to problems of national importance, then our Raleigh, NC division of ARA has an exciting opportunity worth considering. Not only will you solve challenging core problems, you’ll be able to grow your career in an exciting environment that promotes teamwork and cross-training in a wide range of related disciplines.
The successful candidate for this position will have a strong passion and background in making quality production software at all stages of the software lifecycle. They will serve as a member of the software team responsible for transitioning and hardening a successful research project into a proper, tested production cloud based web service. As a valued contributor to our software team your responsibilities will include (1) collaborative brainstorming and problem solving to define requirements, objectives and potential solutions; (2) develop and test software from inception to deployment in the intelligence and defense communities; and (3), testing and maturing software with new ideas and customer feedback as part of an agile team.
The opportunity for career advancement and continued learning at ARA does not stop there. We strive to identify cross-train opportunities and encourage staff to become involved in upcoming R&D efforts as well as interject new ideas into our longstanding operational programs. At ARA, we foster an environment where technical staff are empowered to research and develop their own ideas –with resources and support from a strong internal technical team and external partners. You can expect day to day to have flexibility in choosing the level of autonomy suited to you, while at the same time enjoying a challenging technical career with great opportunity for personal growth.
- BS in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, or a closely related field and 7-9 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of web API development and documentation
- Demonstrated experience in developing web services and/or web applications using python, php, java or nodejs (Django, Laravel, Spring, ExpressJS, etc)
- Experience with cloud deployment infrastructures (AWS, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DC/OS, etc.)
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Relocation to Raleigh NC; this position involves minimal travel for collaboration with customers and partners
- Eligibility to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a securityinvestigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment)
- MS in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics or a closely related field and 5-7 years relevant work experience
- Experience in CI/CD workflows (Gitlabs, Jenkins, Nexus)
- Experience with asynchronous task queues (backend parallel job processing)
- Experience with Matlab and C++
- Experience using various commercial/open-source GIS applications
If this is the perfect job for you pleaseapply online at https://www.ara.com/job-search today!
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,100 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, pleaseapply at careers.ara.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
Masters or better in Computer Science or related field.
7-9 years:Relevant Work Experience