The Business Intelligence Analyst reports to the Director Business Intelligence and develops new metrics and measures for existing platforms and reporting for a variety of platforms; proactively monitors business intelligence processes for optimal functioning and conducts quality assurance on applications and tools; operates cross-functionally to ensure understanding of data elements and to provide sound recommendations to business partners.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
- Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
- Communicating openly and with integrity
- Embracing opportunities
- Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops new metrics and measures to be loaded into existing business intelligence (BI) platforms.
- Develops reporting using a variety of platforms (Essbase, SSRS, Tableau, SQL).
- Supports Essbase administration and serves as a backup for system administration duties.
- Serves as point person in proactively monitoring business intelligence processes and tasks to ensure data completeness and validity as well as troubleshoot any potential interruptions.
- Conducts quality assurance of various new business intelligence applications and tools (reporting, platforms, etc.).
- Partners with business representatives to ensure appropriate understanding and visibility into reporting and business intelligence tools as well as reviewing requests for new ones.
- Builds internal relationships and works across functional areas to understand processes and recommended changes. Conducts special projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, computer science, mathematics, or related field and 4 to 7 years of experience in a business intelligence or data analysis role required; or equivalent combination of education and work experiencerequired
- Previous experience with Essbase administration preferred
- Previous experience with Workdayreport building preferred
- Previous experience with Structured Query Language (SQL), SQL Server Analytics Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) preferred
- Previous experience within the real estate industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL), SQL Server Analytics Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Knowledge of financial statements and reporting (e.g., P&L, balance sheet)
- Skill in building and modifying SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reporting components
- Skill in developing environments to meet and support quality assurance initiatives
- Skill in customer service orientation and written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Skill in identifying problems and applying potential solutions
- Skill in maintaining confidentiality and appropriate discretion
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.