Senior Solutions Architect – Livefire Evangelist
The charter of the VMware Livefire Solutions and Services team (LSS) within Global Field and Partner Readiness (GFPR) is to incubate the next generation of deep technical architectures, solutions and services by working with Product Development and Field/Partner Sales & Delivery organizations. VMware’s Livefire group is responsible for building and delivering the highest level of solutions based technical enablement to support our field, partners and customers. The Livefire Group addresses two of VMware’s fundamental technology thrusts: Hybrid Cloud and the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC).
The Livefire Solutions Architect is a hands-on Computing Specialist with significant experience in the architecture, design, and deployment of cloud-capable infrastructure. In other words, this person will be skilled in all phases of developing and delivering the benefits of virtualization and higher-order abstraction (compute, storage, network, and management) in customer environments, and is fluent in disseminating that information to a given audience.
- Provide in-person and virtual enablement on current and emerging solutions and services offerings for Field and Partner Organizations
- Develop solution labs and toolkits, best practices & architectural references for developing and deploying VMware solutions – building product integrations to aid solution demonstration and selling
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for LSS focus area opportunities in the product incubation phase and during the development of emerging solutions and services
- Expert technical assistance for field and partner engagements in managing or consulting on VMware focus areas regarding initial implementations for emerging solutions offerings
- Develop and maintain technical/business expertise on LSS focus area industry directions and trends
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware products
- Identify product gaps and participate in the specification, design, implementation, testing, UAT and near-production migration plus support, validation and support of necessary features
- Work in conjunction with Field Sales Engineering, Product Engineering, and Technical Support to resolve customer issues
- Present VMware’s company vision, strategy and product roadmaps to customer and partner executives and technical management
- The successful candidate will have a strong background in virtualization, enterprise systems management, networking theory and design, and storage best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to capture, develop, and share IP, knowledge with the community at large as well as specific individuals, to raise competencies and demonstrate thought leadership.
- Minimum of 8years in a Systems Engineer or Consulting role, with extensive experience in VMware products, solutions & services. 4+ years of that experience working directly with customers to design, develop, and support OS and application software.
- Domain level understanding of Private and Hybrid cloud technology. Proven experience and expert knowledge in one or more of the following;
- vRealize Automation (vRa, vCAC)
- vRealize Orchestrator (vRO)
- VMware NSX
- vRealize Operations
- Design experience with VMware NSX or other Software Defined Networking Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Thrives in dynamic environments. Infers well from the particular to the general.
- Ability to draw and maintain participant engagement presenting to small and large groups
- communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to clearly articulate complex subjects to a large audience through presentation and white boarding
- Proficient with the English language
- Estimated travel can burst up to 50% globally (steady state = 25-30%)
- Telecommute/Home Office/Telecommute position can be located anywhere in North America, near a major airport.
- Broad knowledge of and experience with programming languages is a plus
- Experience as a technical instructor or curriculumdeveloper
- “Start-up Style" creativity and execution
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
- Strong architectural skills in infrastructure solutions such as systems management and business continuity
- Must be highly effective in working both independently and in team settings
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges.
Job ID R02744