Job Title: Senior Embedded Linux SW Engineer
- Core Embedded Linux Software Development in Verifone DUBLIN R&D office.
- This office is a centre of excellence office w.r.t. Linux in Verifone.
- The role is for a senior/lead engineer
- Works with other development centres worldwide in USA and Europe.
- Works closely with local and global SQA departments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Software Design and Development on Embedded Linux based electronic payment devices.
- Design and develop solutions for new products and enhancements for existing products
- Support the sustaining of shipping products and features
- Lead, mentor and coach a local team of engineers
- Technical lead for individual project development across the OS development team
- Some travel is required - typically 1-2 weeks per quarter
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 4 year primary degree in computer science or equivalent
- 8-10 years working in Linux development environment
- Fluent in C programming on Linux
- In depth knowledge of OS and Networking
- Linux driver development
- Solution architecture
- Team Leading
- Experience with source control defect & task management, documentations and code-review systems, (e.g. GIT, JIRA,Confluence, doxygen, crucible,)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)