Environmental, Health and Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Advises organization on regulatory changes and investigates less major incidents and ensures risks are addressed.
- Become thoroughly familiar with and recommend actions to keep the plant in compliance with all federal, state, provincial and local laws related to the health and safety of employees.
- Responsible for EHS reporting and documentation according to internal and external standards.
- Participates in, and develops training for employees on EHS policies, procedures and regulations.
- Provide education and assistance to leadership to assure cross-functional teams and audits for Health, Safety or Ergonomic programs and inspections.
- Educate leadership and employees as to their duties toward safety training, safety auditing and incident investigation/reporting.
- Have the authority and responsibility to ensure the environmental requirements are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with ISO 14001 standard.
- Assist in coordinating incident investigation, follow-up and assure responsible persons complete their corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures.
- Train supervision, schedule, monitor and communicate restrictions to leadership based on recordable, lost time, restricted duty, etc.
- Assists with monthly statistics that are reported by fiscal month end.
- Maintain environmental records for all applicable products, such as Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Coordinates duties, training and education of Plant cross-functional teams for health, safety or ergonomics along with outside and group resources.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Must have recent experience in Manufacturing Facility.
- Able to manage safety programs in industrial environment.
- Proficient in Worker’s Compensation Management.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Business ethics and integrity.
- Must have experience in a manufacturing plant.