We are looking for a Senior IT Business Systems Analyst to join the New Chapter IT team. Experience the best of all worlds at New Chapter! Founded 35 years ago, our mission is to deliver the wisdom of nature through our sustainably sourced, organic vitamins and herbal supplements. We are proud to be a B-Certified company that places our employees and our consumers first. Nestled in the beautiful hills of Southern Vermont, New Chapter provides easy access to towns and cities across New England without unwanted traffic or congestion. We invite you to discover a new chapter in your career, and in your life, by considering this opportunity to join our team!
The person in this role will lead design and delivery of IT capabilities to improve business systems, results, and efficiencies. This person will be reporting directly to the Vice President of Information Systems of New Chapter. The first priorities will be:
- Leading the development of a digital transformation plan for New Chapter
- Leading the development of a plan to upgrade/replace the existing legacy ERP system
- Providing business analysis support for the direct-to-consumer (DTC) website platform
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Derive and analyze requirements, lead solution design, and plan and implement projects that applytechnology to satisfy business needs.
- Eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into useful, actionable details.
- Lead internal IT resources, external consultants, and internal customers in projects to implement resulting technology solutions.
- Generating and compiling reports based on analysis findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
This Senior IT Business Systems Analyst will also lead the analysis, design, and implementation of solutions complementing the company’s ERP system. Such solutions directly address New Chapter’s strategic initiatives and require the ability to work on cross functional teams with the purpose of developing business requirements through the understanding of process flows, the culture of New Chapter and efficient utilization of available technology. This role will require strong project management skills, the ability to motivate team members and internal customers and keep project tasks on schedule. This position will also provide leadership for the junior IT business analyst.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the field of business administration, computer science, accounting, or management information systems.
- 8 to 10 years related work experience in IT business analysis, including project management and implementation.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one ERP system in a manufacturing environment, preferably the Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system.
- 3-5 years of project management experience with PMI certification a plus.
- Experience with direct-to-consumer website implementation a plus.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including MSWindows.
- Familiarity with at least one reporting platform such as Jet, Crystal, SQL Reporting Services or similar.
- Proven analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven listening and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and managers via documentation, telephone, and e-mail, etc.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to contribute and thrive in a collaborative, team environment.
- Must have strong documentation skills (process documentation, solutions creation, troubleshooting docs, and using applications such as Office, Visio, etc.
- Availability to work additional hours as required.