Assumes overall responsibility and governance of department vendor relationships. Works with the vendors & customers beginning with the implementation process to foster relationship development. Acts as the intermediary between Highmark and the vendor to ensure all responsibilities as outlined in the contract are fulfilled. Serve as an advocate for Highmark managing expectations to achieve positive outcomes.
1. Communicate effectively.
2. Establishes and oversees the implementation of a governance meeting structure and procedures as outlined in the contract to ensure the efficient and effective management of the services and relationships between Highmark and the vendor/customer.
3. Ensure vendors adhere to all service level agreement metrics.
4. Represents, engages and champions Highmark needs within the governance process.
5. Manage issues escalation process, for project and tactical day to day activities, respond to high priority complex or escalated requests.
6. Act as feedback loop regarding future contract terms.
7. Gain deep vendor/customer business/operations/technology understanding and develop plans in conjunction with Highmark stakeholders to further enhance the vendor relationships.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years experience in an operations, consulting or outsourcing contract management role
- 5 years experience utilizing insurance principles and industry practices.
- 3 years of experience managing vendor relationships or a relationship management role with a large customer or book of business
- Master’s degree
- PMP Certification
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is TravelRequired? Yes
Unusual Working Conditions
- This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.