Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose - to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Under general supervision, develops and designs IT technology solutions within network,communication, and hardware systems. Performs complex analysis and translation ofbusiness, information, and technical requirements to achieve IT solutions that meet businessneeds. Develops design specifications and deliverables related to the support systemenhancements.
- Hands-on participation in the design, development, and performance testing of web applications using Microsoft technologies.
- Provide hands-on development as required to aid in the delivery of solutions for new projects.
- Facilitate the creation of prototypes and Proof-of-Concepts (POCs) in the feasibility phase of projects to ensure validity of solution designs.
- Create and establish working partnerships with various technology and business groups across UL.
- Produce system design documents, participate in technical walkthroughs, and conduct code reviews.
- Research and evaluate new development standards and tools, working with other technology leaders to refine enterprise technology blueprint and standards.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades that impact applications, including database, application, and web servers.
- Work with support teams to resolve production issues and conduct root cause analysis.
- Develop client relationships through communication and engagement on projects.
- Design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT.
- Collaboration with business users to develop solutions that meet specific business objectives.
Work closely with:
- Project leads to understand and validate impacts on solution architecture.
- Project Management to coordinate solutions from technical perspective and minimize technical risk.
- Operations and support teams to provide tier-3 support.
University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline plus generally seven yearsof directly related experience.Working technical IT experience in area(s) of specialty.
- C# .NET 3.5 or above, IIS, SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, TFS or similar tool for configuration management.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline).
- Knowledge of developing software using Agile including planning and estimating work effort and task breakdown.
- Exposure to multiple software development methodologies, familiar with design patterns, and proficient in OO concepts and principles.
- Approximately three or more years of professional experience in software development.
- Exposure to multi-tier system development for large enterprises.
- Exposure to Cloud Infrastructure.
- Exposure to application security technologies and approaches.
- Familiarity with software usability concepts.
- Proficiency in developing rapid prototypes.
Job ID 2017-6897