The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a Roadway Project Engineer in our Charlotte, NC office.
Provides coordination of project execution and control, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. Also accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to discipline field. Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort. Serves as technical liaison with client on project efforts. Responsible for gross revenue of <$1M.
- Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work. Guides team to overall project objectives.
- Serves as technical liaison with client at staff level for work within the discipline.
- Assists with project management duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for production of roadway, pavement marking plans, traffic control, quantities, cost estimates, construction administration and final specifications
- Provide coordination of project execution and control on roadway design projects to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design
- Accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects
- Coordinate efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort
- Serve as technical liaison with client on project efforts
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
6 years relevant experience
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site,construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in aconstruction site, being exposed to heavyconstruction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol isrequired.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
Job ID 0917-16957