Global Director of Human Resources
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Electronics
Our client a Global Multi-Billion Dollar Manufacturing Company with a great deal of product diversity is seeking a Global Director of Human Resources. The HRD will work to grow and maintain the top-flight global organization that is in place through a number of tools and strategies. This may include the coordination and implementation of systems, processes, policies and programs regarding recruitment, orientation/assimilation/on-boarding, organizational development, succession planning, talent development, management training, employment, compensation and benefits administration, safety, health, associate services, communications, regulatory compliance, and associate relations. We are looking for a HR Director who understands how to integrate HR strategy with business strategy to drive change, develop leadership and management capability and improve the employee experience. The HRD will partner with business leaders and associates to deliver HR services in a proactive and solution oriented manner and aligned with the business strategy for assigned client groups.
- Partner closely with the President and other business leaders to provide HR thought/organizational leadership; contribute to the development of HR strategies in support of the business strategy
- Partner with leaders on organizational design, succession planning and talent assessment
- Provide coaching to leaders, managers and employees to build leadership capabilities
- Understand the client business, mission, challenges, business initiatives and business model in order to influence and facilitate the development of organizational priorities and related change initiatives
- Employee Relations - Apply conflict management skills to facilitate resolution when associate-to-associate or manager-to- associate conflict arises. Investigate (interview, gather evidence, consult legal) allegations of employee misconduct including harassment, discrimination, etc. Guide management on disciplinary and termination procedures. Engage company attorney for counsel when necessary.
- Compliance, Policies & Procedures - Work with attorneys as required ensuring legal compliance including but not limited to EEOC and AA regulations. Act as liaison to governmental compliance agencies as required. Ensure consistent application of policies/procedures including but not limited to recruiting, training, reward & recognition and associate development.
- Change Management - Challenge the status quo and champion new initiatives within assigned client groups.
- Performance Management - Drive the Performance Management process within assigned client groups. Work with managers and associates to identify and address performance related issues. Provide coaching and support to managers on corrective action items including performance improvement plans and discipline issues.
- Reporting - Write, change and distribute reports toHR and other department management as required.
- Recruitment - Drive the recruitment process for assigned client groups. Duties include identification of staffing needs, interviewing, making offers, performing background checks, facilitating relocation and on-boarding of new hires.
- General Support - Enter employee data timely in HRIS system. Create and maintain personnel files ensuring legal compliance. Process invoices. Perform timely exit interviews and record data to be analyzed for retention purposes. Coordinate unemployment responses.
Education, Background & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- Professional HR certification preferred
- 5-7years experienceHR administration in a high growth, changing environment with a solid track record of successfully implementing HR programs and initiatives
- Proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Curiosity and Learning Agility: desire to learn the business and key strategic initiatives in order to understand the org and make recommendations at a strategic level.
- Able to make the tough decision and stand on his/her own, be able to effectively challenge senior leaders and think on your feet
- Keen insight into human behavior and motivation and ability to discern high potential talent from average performers
- Experience in a high-change, high-growth, and highly competitive global environment
- Ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)