If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for obtaining, maintaining and planning strategy for third-party agency certifications (e.g., Underwriters Laboratories, CSA International) for new product developments and existing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the Product Development Process as a Project Team Support Member, responsible for identifying and interpreting certification requirements, and planning and execution of agency certification tasks.
- Develops certification test plans and oversees in-house certification tests. Determines which tests to conduct for certification. Writes test requests. Reviews certification test plans prepared by other engineers.
- Evaluates the results of certification tests to determine product compliance. Compares results to standards and explains test results.
- Interacts with certifying agencies to initiate and complete certification projects.
- Prepares and submits certification test results/reports, and reviews reports prepared by other engineers.
- Reads, understands, and explains technical reports.
- Manages programs for in-house agency certification testing, and conducts internal audits to ensure compliance with program requirements.
- Trains technicians to conduct certification testing.
- Monitors Agency Standards activity for changes in requirements, and initiates product or certification updates as necessary to maintain compliance.
Skills and Abilities
- Knows and understands relevant certifying agency standards, testing protocols, and certification procedures.
- Able to plan and lead certification projects involving cross-functional team members.
- Able to train and mentor less-experienced engineers and technicians.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Works independently with minimal management oversight.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field (required).
- Ten or more years of relevant product certification experience.
- Desirable experience would include the following:
- Pump, motor, or appliance industry certifications
- Hazardous Locations, ATEX and/or IECEx certifications
- NSF/ANSI 61 or other drinking water certifications
- European compliance (e.g., CE, RoHS, REACH)
- Basic: Microsoft Office
- While performing the functions of this job the employee is occasionally subjected to work near moving mechanical parts and to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.