Requisition ID 20020006 Category Consulting Visa Sponsorship No Travel Requirements50%
You will serve as customer liaison and consultant on projects to assure success throughout the entire customer life cycle. You will also interact with clients/customers, staff, management, and applicable departments at SAS, leveraging domain and industry expertise, knowledge of the sales cycle, and the concept of business solution selling.
Your duties will include acting as a customer liaison, fully managing customer expectations; supporting large-scale software implmentation projects. Also included in your duties will be conducting assessments and implementation activities that require management of the SDLC process including scoping, requirements, managing assignments of team members for activities in design and development, quality assurance and user acceptance testing. Also requires working with account management teams to assist with development of proposals for software and services deals; completing risk assessments and participating in review sessions; assuming fiscal responsibility for assigned projects and ensuring that quality assurance and test plans are included; developing, communicating, and tracking all aspects of project plans with the project team; resolving conflicts between the project and other organizational units; and overseeing activities with respect to customer satisfaction, change and knowledge management, lessons learned as well as the overall summary for each engagement.
- Experience in a customer-facing project management or consulting role
- Experience as project manager in a software development environment
- Travel as business requirements dictate or located near state capitals in NC, SC, TN, or GA.
- Strong leadership, project management, communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
- United States citizen
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Performs analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, determines a strategy and develops a plan/proposal for delivery of the project which leads to a client's adoption and improved efficiency or effectiveness.
- Advises clients on solution adoption and integration into business processes based on a solid understanding of client businesses, industries, regulatory environments and markets.
- Drives success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management and stakeholder commitments.
- Facilitate client/customer steering committees related to the broader aspects of the program/project being implemented.
- Resolves issues between the project and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner, engaging management as necessary.
- Communicates project goals to those outside the project and engages management or leadership in other units as needed to ensure customer success.
- Assures overall customer satisfaction through determination and attainment of project success criteria, engagement and discussions with customers and leadership.
- Builds relationships with clients that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust
- Understanding of of state, local or government policies and procedures
- Experience in Healthcare or Medicaid policies and procedures
- Understanding of IT fundamentals, architecture, and the system development life cycle
- Experience with full-cycle project management of software development projects in a hosted environment
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
- Experience working in an external, customer facing capacity
- MMIS system experience
- CMS and/or MITA experience
- Healthcare policy (Medicaid/Medicare) experience