Project Manager - Business Intelligence
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Project Manager - Business Intelligence for our client in ?Columbia, SC
Job Title: Project Manager - Business Intelligence
Job Location: ?Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire?
Scope Of The Project:
This position will support the Business Intelligence System (BIS) component of the RMMIS program. Client has procured the services of a solution provider to deliver the BIS solution. The BIS project includes the following high-level requirements:
- Decision Support System (DSS)
- Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System (TMSIS)
- Payment Error Rate Measurement (PERM)
- Surveillance and Utilization Review (SURS)
- Management and Administrative Reporting System (MARS)
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- The primary role of this position is to serve as a Product Owner of the Business Intelligence (BIS) solution for the RMMIS.
- As a Product Owner, this position will represent the product's stakeholders and the voice of the customer and is accountable for ensuring that the team delivers value to the business.
- Communication is a core responsibility of the product owner. The product owner role bridges the communication gap between the team and its stakeholders, serving as a proxy for stakeholders to the team and as a team representative to the overall stakeholder community.
- Supporting project management and product delivery processes;
- Prioritizes work in product iterations in accordance with project implementation timeline;
- Participating in business requirements sessions via interviews, translation of governing documents and other means;
- Represent the BIS business owners in JAD sessions;
- Enforce business value driven thinking;
- Strong user support and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to communicate and work effectivity with users, vendors, management, and other IT peers both verbally and in writing.;
- Must have strong analytical skills, the ability to think logically, and must be a self-starter able to research and find solutions and reach decisions independently;
- Coordinate the delivery of the BIS solution with the BIS vendor, the DHHS project manager, Medicaid Operations, Medicaid Enterprise Systems (ES), and the business owners;
- Serve as team expert on data analytics, data management and related impacts to functional areas of SCDHHS;
- Decision-maker to ensure product delivery can move forward with minimal obstacles;
- Protect team from external influences and pressure to ensure team focus on product implementation;
- Skilled in techniques that identify stakeholder needs, negotiate priorities between stakeholder interests, and collaborate with solution provider and ES leadership to ensure effective implementation of requirements;
- Educates business owners on the PMO governance processes, gate reviews, CMS certification guidelines and associated gate reviews;
- Organizes PMO and CMS milestone reviews with business owners;
- Educates stakeholders in the product development process, which could be waterfall, agile or a hybrid approach
Required Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
- At least four years of experience in deploying Business Intelligence Systems, with at least two years of direct experience deploying SAS business intelligence solutions
- At least four years of experience in project management or product delivery of large scale enterprise projects with demonstrated success
- At least four years of risk management on large scale enterprise projects
- At least two years of release management experience
- At least two years of product management and delivery
- At least two years of product delivery using agile methodology
- At least two years of experience in Healthcare fraud and abuse mitigation through solution deployments
- At least five years of written and verbal communication to all levels of the organization
- Strong proficiency in English is required
Preferred Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
- Health insurance IT implementations
- Expertise of data governance/data stewardship principles, polices, processes, implementation, and tools
- NoSQL data integration technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or healthcare field. Equivalent experience will be considered.
Write the description of the job here...