The Manager of Perishable Quality Control will be responsible for improving and managing all aspects of meat and produce quality from the vendor to the retail stores. This position will be drive freshness and innovation in handling and supply chain. This includes working closely with retail operations to create customer focused processes and programs. The position will also work in partnership with procurement to improve vendor performance and shrink.
- Develops innovative new programs, policies and processes to deliver freshest product in the industry in order to differentiate SAL to their competitors within retail units.
- Establishes, manages and meets quarterly spoilage targets. Utilizes Retailer scorecards and consumer insights to identify areas of underperformance in freshness that lead to lower than expected sales and profit goals and commitments.
- Responsible for scheduling, training, hiring, evaluation and qualifications of all Quality Assurance associates at the Distribution centers. Oversight to payroll, scheduling and work flow inside the Warehouse in alignment of the Receiving shift.
- Maintain expertise on all fresh produce and meat items: Work with other departments to enforce quality specifications upon DC arrival.
- Alignment and standardization of Warehouse QC Departments: Create information flow on a timely basis daily to keep procurement and merchandising teams on top of inventoried product.
- Create vision and develop programs to reduce produce and meat quality credits and to improve customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with departments in procurement to create standard product specifications at all Distribution Centers. Establish daily reporting process of product condition in inventory to inhibit customer dissatisfaction
- College Degreepreferred in areas of food safety.
- 10+ years of produce/meat experience in a best in class perishable distribution organization and responsible for setting and enforcing produce and meat quality standards.
- Produce and meat procurement experiencepreferred
- USDA trained with knowledge of Produce/Meat and Interstate Commerce Standards, HAACP, and PACA laws
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, with particular ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, and the ability to create/maintain vendor relationships.
- Strong computer skills and proficiencies in Word, Excel and Power Point skills.
- Some travel may be required, depending on assigned area
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
Requisition Number: 662