ABB Inc., in the Ohio market , is seeking a Territory Sales Manager (TSM) (Robots and Applications) to join our Robotics and Motion team, the first major global industrial robotics manufacturer to produce robots in the United States. ABB is the leading supplier of industrial robots, modular manufacturing systems and service and has installed more than 250,000 robots worldwide.
Territory sales and business development responsibility for the Robotics Division’s General Industry business and ABB market share. The overall responsibility is to generate and follow up on robot and robot systems leads and develop ABB’s business with end customers and System Integrators for robotic products, systems, and services. Position requires the ability to travel 70%+ of the time during a typical workweek.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Sell $2M in product sales during next 12 months (40 robots).
• Develop and implement plan to penetrate target list of end customers in the territory
• Identify, qualify, acquire, and develop 3-5 capable and successful channel partners in the territory
• Submit complete and accurate proposal and forecast information
• Utilize value base selling techniques with customers and demonstrate ROI sales approach to key customers
• High School Diploma or GED and 7 years of sales or account management experience OR
• Associate’s Degree and 5 years of sales or account management experience OR
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of sales or account management experience
• 3+ years of experience in selling automation, preferably robots and robotic automation systems for a variety of applications
• High School diploma is a minimum requirement, but an Associates or Bachelors degree is strongly preferred.
• Proven ability to work with a variety of levels of customer personnel from Management to Labor
• Proven ability to develop and maintain large and small customer accounts
• Experience in a matrix sales organization and ability to work autonomously
• Readiness to do what it takes to develop a customer base, including cold calls if necessary
• PC proficiency to include MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Candidates must have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US