The OR Nurse Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the management, administrative operations and clinical practice activities within the Operating Room. Together with the Administrative Director, will plan and organize training for unit staff members, and participates in guidance and educational programs. The goal of the Nurse Manager will be to provide patient reviews that are coordinated to provide a seamless, integrated system of care that is high value, cost effective and customer focused; will be committed to creating a work environment that fosters pride, teamwork and continuous learning and associate ability to meet patient needs. Another priority is to be the Chief Retention Officer for the OR and utilize principles of service excellence to achieve goals for staff development, staff satisfaction and staff retention. The Nurse Manager must have knowledge of specialty services and related nursing standards and be aware of the changing health care environment locally and nationwide and acceptance of the philosophy and standards of Service Excellence.
- Current NJ State RN license and current ACLS & BLS certification required; CNOR preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing (or related healthcare field), Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 3-5years clinical OR experience; 5-8years supervisory/management experiencepreferred.
- Must have the skills to manage multiple direct reports, ability to manage financials, build rapport with medical staff, facilitate change, coach, handle conflict and utilize resources to deliver patient care in an efficient and caring manner.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities required. Ability to develop unit and integrate staff and efficiently utilize resources.
- Must possess leadership ability and managerial competency as evidenced by exemplary communication skills and proven ability to coordinate intra- and inter-departmental services and establishment of departmental goals.
- Hours: Day shift