Industry: Energy / Utilities•
5 - 7 years
Posted 400 days ago
A high-growth, private-equity backed company is looking for a smart and energetic individual who will relish making an impact in a rapidly growing company. The position will be an integral part of a small team that will support the CFO and COO’s in analyzing operating performance of the company, integrating acquisitions, and reporting financial results to board members and lenders.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· Preparing budgets, forecasts, and monthly financial package presented to board members and banks.
· Working withsales and production managers to build management dashboards tracking operational performance.
· Creating business cases and ad-hoc analyses to support management decisions and strategic initiatives
· Supporting acquisition integration activities and post-close due diligence as needed
· Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform and influence business decisions.
· Partner with managers and stakeholders to investigate and understand business issues and trends
· Communicate findings across departments and to executive leadership.
· Analyze and report operating performance vs. plan, and identify causes for variance
· Research and validate significant or unusual financial data
· Fulfill reporting requests and validate the integrity and accuracy of the data
· Builds and maintains positive working relationships across the organization
· Attention to detail and comfort in manipulating large data-sets
· Strong business acumen and analytical ability to analyze and understand financial results.
· Solid knowledge of corporate finance and financial accounting; must have a strong grasp of basic concepts including the relationship between financial statements.
· Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new ERP systems including, but not limited to Great Plains and CRM
· Experience with SQL a plus
· Able to work independently with minimal instruction or collaboratively as part of a larger team.
· Ability to maintain high level of accuracy and precision in preparing and entering financial information
· Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
· Able to work under tight deadlines, and is able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
· Expert knowledge in Excel with experience using pivot tables, vlookups, and if statements
· Some experience leading process improvement initiatives a plus.
· Experience with financial modeling and reporting
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience: 4+ years of experience in financial analysis
Education: B.A. or B.S. in Business, Finance, Accounting or similar field
Travel: Less than 10%
Location: Reporting to Houston Corporate Office Daily
Industries: Light Manufacturing / Distribution / Warehouse and Logistics
Relocation: No relocation provided
Physical Demands: Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.