Network Data Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
- The NOC Agent manages the daily operations and support of the IT networks.
- The primary networks supported are the LAN/WAN, transport, telephone, wireless data, and mobile radio networks.
- Utilize a variety of monitoring tools and network element management systems to triage, troubleshoot and remotely repair problems with the company Networks.
- Implement software upgrades to network elements as required and participate in the change process to add or delete network elements.
- Provide support to IT field operations personnel, dispatch field support personnel as required, dispatch contractors, open and manage tickets with equipment vendors and carriers.
The NOC is staffed 24x7x365, schedules are rotating 4-10 hour shifts. Candidates MUST be able to work any shift, any day. Consultants generally work 3rd shift, however training will be on first shift. The assignment duration is 2 years.
Only local candidates will be considered.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or equivalent computer related degree from an ACCREDITED college or university. Consideration may be given to candidates with extensive related experience without the academic requirements.
- CCNA Preferred
- MPLS Knowledge preferred
- NOC experiencerequired; 4+year of experience in 3 or more of the following: Windows, Windows Server; Unix or Linux operating systems; LAN/WAN and telecommunications networks. Telecommunications experience should include telephony, mobile radio, multiplexing, TDM networks and IP networks.
- 3+ years of recent telecommunication experience in any of the following fields: PBX, Call Center technologies, Telecommunication services configuration management and procurement.
- Candidate should possess skills in Customer Focus, Sense of Urgency, Decision Making, Core Application Systems, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Technical Troubleshooting, NetworkArchitecture & Telecommunications.
- ServiceNow ticketing system knowledge preferred.