I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
I believe my work is my calling.
As a Sr. Patient Care Coordinator, you will determine patient’s eligibility/need for services, coordinate care plan development and assist branch operations in clinical coordination and communication with referral sources.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Develops/maintains contact with key accounts as assigned. Promotes exemplary customer service to physicians, facility personnel, patient and patient family at all times.
- Ensures effective communication and collaboration with branch staff and field sales resources via weekly meetings. Maintains market awareness and prepares competitive updates.
- Primarily conducts pre-discharge facility visits at the physicians' request to determine the need/eligibility for home care.
- Assist branch in timely processing of physician orders.
- Informs hospital personnel, patient and/or patient family of case acceptance and documents all demographic, clinical, payer and other information as required on company approved forms to support diagnosis and home healthcare orders. Provides input to care plan development and informs the
- Company location clinical staff (e.g. Intake Specialist, Director Clinical Management, and/or Manager Clinical Practice) of patient’s acceptance, and ensures that patient’s needs are appropriately matched.
- Works collaboratively with Hospice Division counterparts as applicable, representing the Company’s comprehensive home health and hospice deliverables.
- Abides by all operational compliance with internal controls and reporting.
- Participates in special projects, quarterly Blitz events, specialty program launches and performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices, Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices, and all Company policies and procedures.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Registered Nurse Licensure required in state of practice.
- Minimum of five years clinical experience.
keywordsGirling, Girling Home Health, Girling Hospice, AmHeart Hospice, Asian American Home Health, Asian American Hospice, Girling Healthcare, Harden Home Health, Harden Hospice, Healthfield, Iowa Hospice, Missouri Home Care of Rolla, Omega Hospice, The Home Option, Girling Community Care, Odyssey, Vista Care, VistaCare, Olsten Kimberley Quality Care~MON~
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Tracking Code 43197