The Group Benefits IT area has an opening for a seasoned test automation engineer with a passion for working in a fully implemented Agile environment and the desire to take our already dynamic team to the next level! We are looking for candidates who enjoy not only the opportunity to design and develop technical testing solutions, but also coach and mentor other team members – growing the technical skills and contributions of the entire team!
Group Benefits IT is known for its culture of empowered agile teams, continuous improvement, and a focus on innovation – come experience for yourself and take the next great step in your career. Be part of a leading edge department and become a change agent for our organization.
Within this position, you’ll be working with critical external facing web applications as well as vendor solutions that support our life, dental, vision, disability, and critical illness customers and product offerings. Responsibilities of this position include defining and executing on automated testing strategies above the unit test layer that will mature our ability to continuously deliver solutions.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent work experience (6+ years of experience equates to an Associate’s degree when defining “equivalent work experience”)
- 2+ years of experience delivering comprehensive test strategies within a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment
Nice to have skills (but not required):
- Experience with Agile/Lean methods
- Knowledge of Extreme Programming (XP) / Paired Programming practices
Keys to success in this position:
- Accountability for defining and promoting test automation practices, standards and processes.
- Ability to engage with and build up the technical skills, knowledge, and contributions of team members (informal servant leadership)
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Innovation – willingness to challenge current state
- Embracing and supporting a “team first” culture