The Human Resources Director will manage Human Resources (HR) for the Anniston, AL plant, including strategic leadership and direction, staffing, labor relations, worker’s compensation, training, development, salary and benefits administration. Operate at both the strategic and tactical level, and serve as a key member of the Leadership Team. Innovate strategies to drive employer-of-choice status.
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any othercategory protected by federal, state or local law.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for leadership and direction of the HR function focusing on Company’s strategic direction, Vision, Purpose and Goals.
- Identify manpower requirements and staff accordingly.
- Provide leadership in recruiting, screening and selection of employees.
- Represents management in negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan. Provides ongoing salary and benefits administration.
- Provide consistent, candid, constructive coaching and guidance to plant leadership and hourly employees.
- Develop creative, best-practice solutions for current and projected future business challenges in order to pro-actively lead change processes.
- Demonstrate understanding of business processes in order to add measurable value and contributions to financial performance.
- Implement and execute employee development strategies (succession planning, individual development planning, team developmental activities, training, etc.). Devise career tracks for employees who demonstrate the aptitude and desire for upward mobility.
- Coordinate development and training for the leadership team.
- Gather and analyze data and recommend processes to reduce turnover, absenteeism and other key HR metrics.
- Receive, investigate and address employee relations issues according to policy.
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws, including but not limited to EEOC, FLSA, ADA and OSHA.
- Responsible for personnel records management.
- Create channels to communicate Company policy and procedure changes to employees and impacted third parties.
- Serve as Company’s community representative to foster positive relationships in the community and support social responsibility projects.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Lead HR Team consisting of 1-3 salaried and/or hourly reports.
- This is a leadership position, requiring competency in planning, conflict management, delegation, critical thinking, customer focus, team-building and negotiation.
Preferred Skill Levels and Work Experience
- Post graduate studies in Business Administration, Management, Organizational Development, or Psychology.
- SHRM-SCP certification
Minimum Skill Levels and Work Experience
- BS or BA in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
- 8+ years progressive H.R. experience with 3+ years H.R. supervisory or management experience.
- 3+ years relevant experience within a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years relevant experience in a union environment.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with employment law.
- Solid systems/technology skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent organizational skills, with precise attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success and history in building effective teams with a proven ability to lead by example and influence.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development and execution, change management, collaboration, operational excellence, and driving business results.
- Highly effective written/verbal and interpersonal communication skills sufficient to communicate and interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to build effective relationships with employees at all levels.
- Direct, empathetic and persuasive communication style.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Appropriately operate with access to confidential information; maintains and adheres to strict confidentiality standards.
- Demonstrated sound work ethic, high degree of personal integrity, honesty and moral character.
- Understand and interpret data while drawing logical conclusions based on available inputs.
- Critical thinking skills in standardized situations as well as non-routine problems.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritize work accordingly.
- Ability to travel to other Company locations or meeting sites; occasional overnight travel.
- Participation in local and national professional organizations to further advance professional development and continuing education.
- Ability to frequently sit for long periods of time utilizing office equipment and/or computers.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.