The Human Resources Director will manage Human Resources (HR) for the Anniston, AL plant, including strategic leadership and direction, staffing, labor relations, worker’s compensation, training, development, salary and benefits administration. Operate at both the strategic and tactical level, and serve as a key member of the Leadership Team. Innovate strategies to drive employer-of-choice status.
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any othercategory protected by federal, state or local law.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for leadership and direction of the HR function focusing on Company’s strategic direction, Vision, Purpose and Goals.
- Identify manpower requirements and staff accordingly.
- Provide leadership in recruiting, screening and selection of employees.
- Represents management in negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan. Provides ongoing salary and benefits administration.
- Provide consistent, candid, constructive coaching and guidance to plant leadership and hourly employees.
- Develop creative, best-practice solutions for current and projected future business challenges in order to pro-actively lead change processes.
- Demonstrate understanding of business processes in order to add measurable value and contributions to financial performance.
- Implement and execute employee development strategies (succession planning, individual development planning, team developmental activities, training, etc.). Devise career tracks for employees who demonstrate the aptitude and desire for upward mobility.
- Coordinate development and training for the leadership team.
- Gather and analyze data and recommend processes to reduce turnover, absenteeism and other key HR metrics.
- Receive, investigate and address employee relations issues according to policy.
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws, including but not limited to EEOC, FLSA, ADA and OSHA.
- Responsible for personnel records management.
- Create channels to communicate Company policy and procedure changes to employees and impacted third parties.
- Serve as Company’s community representative to foster positive relationships in the community and support social responsibility projects.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Lead HR Team consisting of 1-3 salaried and/or hourly reports.
- This is a leadership position, requiring competency in planning, conflict management, delegation, critical thinking, customer focus, team-building and negotiation.
Preferred Skill Levels and Work Experience