Senior Marketing Communication Manager
Job Summary: The Senior Manager of Marketing Communications will work across the Tempur Sealy brand portfolio to deliver content strategies and execution of conversion-driving integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns in support of new product launches and ongoing communication plans. Campaign elements to include such assets as product naming, consumer-facing and retailer copy, product packaging, photography, video, tv, print, digital, social, PR, POP, retailer tool kits and training documents. This role will project manage the planning and creation of marketing elements (from briefing to completion), ensuring consistency with strategies and brand standards to deliver fully integrated, compelling and effective communications to the market. He/she will collaborate actively across the brand management, global product development team (working within the tollgate process), insights, strategy & analytics team, retail marketing and external agency partner teams to ensure all required campaign assets are developed, on brand, on budget, and on time.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Manages new product/brand campaign asset creation, leading work from briefing through the strategy and creative development, approval and production process and driving integration of internal and external partners.
- Facilitate the creation and approval of briefs, ensuring accuracy, completeness and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Manages creative development and production timelines for each assigned new product launch/assigned project to achieved agreed upon launch and in-market dates.
- Partners with internal and external content creators to ensure each understands and can effectively integrate developed creative into their assigned channels/media.
- Works with product marketing and other internal stakeholders to understand business goals and objectives and translates those into effective, actionable inputs for agency partners.
- Coordinates work in progress reviews from various channels/media and provides actionable feedback to content creators.
- Builds and maintains highly effective and collaborative partnerships with all internal and external partners.
- Provides finished assets, their usage rights and uploads for inclusion in Digital Asset Management system.
- Collaborates with internal business intelligence, marketing research, sales and external partners to develop post mortem results and key learnings.
- Tracks and manages production budgets to ensure accuracy of all costs. Processes project invoices and tracks expenses versus budget.
- Supports quarterly and annual budget planning efforts.
- Facilitates legal and claims approval process of marketing elements.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of multiple agencies and suppliers.
- Develops or assists with the development of operating policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and timely delivery of projects.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Passionate about understanding and meeting consumer needs, flexible and adaptable, with a mindset that focuses on innovation
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills required, with the ability to build credibility and collaborate with team members at all levels and productively resolve conflicts.
- Ability to multitask in high volume environment. Attention to detail and great follow-up skills are essential
- Strong project management skills to oversee production workflow, timelines and schedules; ability to manage priorities against tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently, be organized and self-motivated
- Ability to manage creative and production process efficaciously to deliver against agreed upon strategies and objectives
- Understands assigned channels and can maximize their effectiveness
- Confident, professional and positive demeanor
- Ability to confidently and collaboratively provide direction to internal and external partners to create integrated, effective communications
- Track record of achieving consistency of messaging and building brands
- Proven record in instances where facilitation, collaboration, and positively challenging the status quo were critical to success
- Relevant and results-driven marketing experience
Internal and External Interfaces:
- Brand Management
- Retail marketing
- Product Development
- Insights, Strategy & Analytics
- Advertising Agencies
- Retail Groups
- BS/BA Degree in related field (Business, Marketing, Economics, or Sociology)
- MBA Preferred
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience.