Founded in 2011, Leopold & Associates, PLLC, is a rapidly growing multi-state law firm with offices in Armonk, New York, Midtown Manhattan, New York, Parsippany, New Jersey, Stamford, Connecticut, White River Junction, Vermont and Portland, Maine. Our firm represents mortgage servicers, banks and investors in all courts, both state and federal, throughout the tri-state area.
Leopold & Associates, PLLC, is focused on in commercial and residential mortgage foreclosure, bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, evictions, loss mitigation, mediations, contested litigation, real estate and financial services litigation. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail,
Our firm represents mortgage servicers, banks and investors in all courts, both state and federal, throughout the tri-state area. Leopold & Associates, PLLC, is focused on in commercial and residential mortgage foreclosure, bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, evictions, loss mitigation, mediations, contested litigation, real estate and financial services litigation. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, responsiveness, and innovation when navigating the difficult regulatory environment in today’s mortgage servicing industry. Our firm provides our clients with superior legal services in a quick, efficient and cost-effective manner. We are recognized as one of the leading firms in our field by the largest loan servicers in the nation.
Leopold & Associates is seeking a Bankruptcy Attorney for our Portland, ME office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement.
The Bankruptcy Attorney will represent secured creditors, banks and mortgage servicers in the state of Maine and oversee and work closely with support staff in drafting and reviewing all documentation necessary to handle bankruptcy proceedings on behalf of creditors.
The attorney is expected to attend court hearings in-person and telephonically. The attorney may be engaged in related matters, including but not limited to, preparing and defending proof of claim, preparing motions for relief from stay, reviewing proposed Chapter 13 plans and handling other bankruptcy litigation on behalf of creditors.
- Represent the interest of financial institutions and/or mortgage loan servicers in all stages of the bankruptcy process
- Review all statutorily required notices, correspondence, pleadings and other documents
- Efficiently and effectively prepare and respond to written inquiries or disputes
- Attend and argue motions and other hearings before the courts
- Attend mediation sessions related to bankruptcy proceedings
- Work closely with and provide legal counsel to clients throughout the bankruptcy process
- Case management
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Possess a Juris Doctor degree
- Admission to the bar in the State of Maine required; admission in other New England states a plus
- Admission to Bankruptcy Court in Maine
- Well-versed in bankruptcy practice and procedure
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Understanding how to deal with large and complex clients
- Ability to work in team environment to reach goals and objectives
- Ability to work directly with senior levels of management and to effectively communicate legal issues and obtain input and decision-making within tight deadlines
- Talent for organization, efficiency, and proactive improvement of the status quo
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
Job Type: Full-time
- Portland, ME
- Mortgage Services Industry: 2 years
- Bankruptcy: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Juris Doctor