The Project Manager 1 will provide overall direction and leadership for an entire project or a portion of a larger, more complex project in concert with the Project Superintendent. This position will fully implement and manage the operation and administration of the project. Builds and maintains lasting relationships with clients, design teams and subcontractors. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
• Leads all aspects of the company’s safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
• Manages the JE Dunn prestart process.
• Supports the preconstruction team including quantity takeoff, trade coordination and scope of work development, scope review, bid package development, schedule development, bid list creation and bid advertisement.
• Leads plan and implementation of buyout schedule. Verifies pricing and scope, identifies successful bidders, provides gap analysis against initial scope and manages issuance of subcontracts.
• Manages the submittal schedule set-up. Coordinates priorities with the team; reviews and approves all shop drawings and samples prior to submittal to architects or engineers.
• Ensures approved submittals are returned to subcontractors and available to project team per the project schedule and the contract.
• Coordinates with Logistics to obtain pricing on materials and equipment.
• Confers with risk management to ensure approval and/or bonding requirements for subcontractors. Reviews decisions with project leader. Provides ongoing risk analysis of subcontractors throughout project lifecycle.
• Coordinates the various stakeholders of the project including but not limited to subcontractors, owner, field, design team, vendors, etc.
• Disseminates change requests to subcontractors for pricing and schedule input. Gathers and evaluates subcontractor pricing to confirm accuracy.
• Prepares, submits and obtains owner/architect approval for change requests.
• Leads various meetings such as monthly project reviews, progress meetings and OAC (Owner Architect) meetings.
• Completes monthly subcontractor and owner pay application process.
• Prepares project schedule with the Project Superintendent. Gathers input from project team and utilizes Lean principles as appropriate. Develops and updates project schedule for both preconstruction and construction activities. Manages materials, labor and procurement logs to ensure appropriate resources are available to meet the project schedule.
• Identifies potential schedule impacts including scope, weather, manpower and changes, and facilitates mitigation plans for these impacts.
• Provides appropriate written documentation for decisions affecting various aspects of the project such as budget, schedule, legal, quality and/or safety. Employs current best practices for documentation requirements.
• Provides a variety of regular reporting and analysis to project team(s) to communicate overall project status and profitability.
• Prepares monthly cost and margin forecast with input from superintendent and reviews with the project team. Participates in the development of the project budget. Regularly reviews costs relative to the budget and highlights discrepancies to enable improved financial performance.
• Leads overall project closeout process using best practice standards, tools and processes such as the close-out punch list, financials, sub contracts, warranties, etc.
• Interfaces with region/company legal counsel as appropriate.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in construction management, engineering or related field. (Preferred)
In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered
5+ years’ experience in construction management experience (Preferred)
Req Id 21064