Senior Mechanical Engineer and Project Manager (Railroad Experience)
8 - 10 years experience • Engineering Services
Wilson & Company is seeking a registered professional mechanical engineer and Project Manager to provide task and project management on a wide range of projects, and to design construction plans, specifications and studies for a variety of projects. Experience with sales goals, developing client relationships, budgeting, team management, piping design and hydraulic calculations, pump sizing, process and instrumentation diagram development is needed, along with an understanding of codes (ASTM, ASME, and API) and construction issues. Projects will include mechanicalengineering for industrial facilities with an interesting and diverse mix of municipal and commercial projects such as rail terminal facilities, oil and gas midstream facilities, and transportation facilities. Familiarity with Class 1 Railroad facilities design including fueling platforms and industrial waste treatment is desired. A self-motivating personality with good communication skills is required. We would expect the candidate to be a lead mechanical engineer on projects, and project manager on some projects.
Applicants should have a mechanicalengineeringdegree and with 8 or more years’ experience with mechanical design of facilities, particularly including rail facilities, industrial or oil and gas experience. A broad knowledge of mechanicalengineering is desired. The candidate should possess an engineering license. Proficiency with AutoCAD, MicroStation and 3D piping software is a plus along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and use new software.
We are seeking several positions for full-time employment in a variety of locations, including Omaha, NE; Kansas City, MO; and Houston, TX.
This position is for railroad fueling facility design and requires a detailed-oriented Engineer and Project Manager with significant experience in the railroad industry. Must have the ability to manage clients, sales, budgets, team development and perform engineering and design functions for typical and complex locomotive fueling, storage, lube oil, sanding, industrial waste, thermal systems and air compressor stations, car repair shops and metering in accordance with AREMA, ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 and DOT CFR 49 sections 192 and 195 codes. You should be a self-motivated individual with the capabilities and desire to work in a team environment, with a minimum of 8years of experience in a related field
Mechanical Engineer and Project Manager Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide design and mechanicalengineering for multiple projects
- Prepare sketches and perform calculations for mechanical equipment and/or detailed segment of a project
- Prepare technical equipment data sheets for review and approval
- Prepare technical equipment specifications for review and approval
- Evaluate vendor’s technical bids and recommendations
- Review vendor drawings for assigned segment of project
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments and vendor bid evaluations
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets financial objectives
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Developing Budgets, Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Project Management, Process Improvement, Performance Management
- 8years minimum of engineeringexperience in Class I locomotive fueling facility project detailed design
- PE registration
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
Job Location Kansas City, Missouri, United States