We have a key leadership role as a Regional Sales Director for our Automotive Group responsible for building and leadinghigh-performance automotive sales teams in Gannett’s Southeast Region market. This is an opportunity to be part ofThe USA TODAY Network Automotive enterprise wide solutions sales team that will drive a retail auto industry transformation. Our team is tasked with building the strongest portfolio in the industry that will provide end-to-end digital marketing, wholesale and commerce solutions for automotive segment customers. You will be part of an elite team ofAuto leaders across Gannett working to develop company-wide strategies that solve automotive client needs. Our teams capitalize on the utilization of data, leveraging for retention and strategic selling opportunities to grow revenue. In-depth knowledge of the Automotive industry is a plus but a proven track record of managing a segment and showing strong use of strategy to move the revenue needle is a must. We are looking for someone that can demonstrate their initiative, resourcefulness and ingenuity along with high level of strategy coupled with strong sales background. The Southeast Region geography includes; Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.
The successful candidate will provide inspiring leadership, drive results for clients, and grow revenue within the enterprise automotive market. Has a strong foundation for strategic and tactical selling within a solution based sale. Highly evolved people management skills with the ability to engage, develop, mentor and lead employees. The ideal candidate will have delivered results in both “traditional” and “new” media environments.
This highly engaged leadership role warrants at least bi-weekly travel to other markets. It is preferred that this role resides in a major metropolitan area such as Atlanta, New Orleans, Miami, Tallahassee, Jackson, MS or Tampa, or near an airport within the geography of our properties.
· Work directly with the Southeast Region sales teams to provide direction and leadership in the development and closing of sales opportunities, providing expertise to directly drive revenue.
· Develop relationships with dealer client key contacts at all levels within assigned region.
· Ensures that the Region consistently meets and/or exceeds target.
· Collaborate with Sales and corporate partners to execute programs that foster world-class sales managementbehavior, values, development, and best practices.
· Coach and develop local market sales leaders and teams (including manager and team meetings, one-on-ones, professional development, etc.) to generate world class sales multiplatform results and ensure plans and best practices are implemented and tracked.
· Direct management of Auto sales executives on interim or permanent basis as needed.
· Work with local market site leaders and teams to ensure the development and execution of highly effective property, team, and individual sales plans and strategies, including affiliate partners (ex: cars.com).
· Collaborate with HR business partners and talent acquisition team to recruit site sales leaders and sophisticated sellers focused on sales revenue growth and digital transformation.
· Provide consultation in key areas including sales strategy, sales structure and realignment, product portfolio/packaging/pricing, etc., to assist in overall revenue performance improvement.
· Lead performance management actions when necessary.
· Provide clear expectations and articulate the vision of the organization.
· Identify sales growth opportunities, as well as market challenges, and work with local sales leadership todevelop and implement innovative action plans.
· Maintain a deep understanding of the market and monitor competitive products, innovations and activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 8-10 years’ senior sales experience with 5 years of sales management experience with a history ofsuccessful leadership, innovation and goal achievement. The ideal candidate should be an automotive and digital sales expert with sales and/or account management experience who has a track record of helping companies grow in the face of intensifying competitive pressure and rapidly changing media consumption patterns.
· Results Oriented: Follows through on commitments; can be counted upon to successfully execute on goals. Meets deadlines. Understands the company’s strategy for growth and recognizes opportunities for business growth.
· Strategic: Creates and communicates long-term vision, identifies short and long range goals, develop alternatives and plans, and commits to course of action to achieve the right balance of short and long-term wins.
· Analytical: Able to assess a problem or situation using effective logic. Uses important information to make logical assessments. Makes confident, timely, fact-based, decisions drawing on a broad range of resources. Acts ondecisions with a sense of calculated risk-taking. Ensures others understand the decision before moving forward.
· Business Acumen: Builds internal and external customer confidence and satisfaction. Forms strategic relationships across the organization, builds consensus and effectively sells ideas and projects, and create results. Communicates effectively and works well as a team member. Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, and encourages innovation.
· Leadership and Talent Development: Communicates and models vision and values. Actively works to recruit, hire, develop, evaluate, and retain high performers. Defines roles and responsibilities, enables others to act, and holds self and others accountable for results, embraces diversity, change, and the team.
· Proven skills building a strong sales leadership team that recruits, coaches, and develops an outstanding team ofsales professionals.
· Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Proven agent for change.
· Enthusiastic and passionate, drives success through direct reports as well as “influences” and works effectively in a matrix environment.
· Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.