Job Duties and Responsibilities:
At Dish the Testing and Quality Assurance (TQA) team’s mission is to ensure that the software we deliver meets the business needs and allows for a positive customer experience. As a member of the TQA Team, the Software Test Engineer is considered a key contributor to the Test Team in a fast paced IT environment supporting an application. They will ensure that all software meets the business requirements by designing and executing test scenarios that exercise all required test conditions.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories
- Work in a cutting edge agile software development environment as a Software Test Engineer ensuring the quality of the architecture of our Enterprise software applications.
- Leverage agile testing framework, design and code functional/integration test cases and scenarios pertaining to various components of the application that ensures the software meets the intended requirements that meets all established quality standards specified in test plan.
- Analyze system requirements for various computer system modules.
- Write and execute test cases and test scripts.
- Log and track problems (bugs); perform Data Validation.
- Work closely with product owners to understand product specifics and to create corresponding test plan, quality standards, and strategies for theproject.
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
A successful TQA Software Test Engineer will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or two years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and workexperience is preferred.
- Strong analytical (ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions), organizational and communication skills; strong desire to succeed and contribute individually and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies (like, functional, end to end, regression testing) nice to have; hands on knowledge of SQL or other database query tools required.
- Knowledge of a testing tool such as HP ALM is desirable. Software testing certifications or training are desirable.
- Able to write reports/correspondence/procedure manuals, and present information and respond to questions from managers/customers/generalpublic.
- Experience working in an Agile (Kanban or Scrum) environment is a plus; experience working on Cloud computing technologies is a plus.