Acadia Healthcare Facilities is a provider of inpatient behavioral healthcare services. Acadia Healthcare Facilities operates a network of 568 behavioral healthcare facilities with approximately 16,900 beds in 39 states, the United Kingdom and Puerto Rico. Acadia provides behavioral health and addiction services to its patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, residential treatment centers, outpatient clinics and therapeutic school-based programs.
MeadowWood Behavioral Health System truly understands that mental health and addiction issues leave those suffering feeling secluded. Our greatest strength is our compassion and devotion to helping people in their time of need. Each day we endeavor to deliver the highest quality treatment to our patients and their families.
- Must have current or previous accounting experience within a hospital, behavior health, and acute care.
- Ensures monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensures all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and in compliance with Acadia policies and standards and that any outstanding variances are identified and corrected timely.
- Prepares corporate requiredreports (including the Monthly Operating Report, Monthly Certifications, Corporate Disclosures, Forecasts) timely and accurately.
- Ensures all Acadia accounting and business office policies and requiredinternal controls are in place to facilitate a cleanaudit with no material audit adjustments or deficiencies found. Ensures that all approval processes are in place.
- Directs the operations of the Revenue Cycle to ensure that accounts receivable are collected timely and uncompensated care is kept to a minimum. Strives to achieve goals for cash collections and AR days and to reduce bad debt and denials. Routinely reviews revenue cycle metrics to proactively identify and address issues affecting overall performance.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of federal, state and managed care reimbursement methodologies to ensure that facility is paid accurately and revenue deductions are recorded accurately. Facilitates preparation of any required cost reports.
- Prepares annual operating budget and participates in the annual strategic planning process which serves as a basis for the budget. Provides ongoing analysis of variances from budget and assists the CEO in implementing changes needed to achieve budget goals.
- Additional Responsibilities Is actively involved in ensuring Front End Revenue Cycle processes are in place including ensuring the insurance verification is completed on 100% of patients, working with the Financial Counselor to ensure proper determination of patient portions and approval of any discounts or charity and proper logging of upfront collections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related field with major in Accounting.
- CPA or Master’s degree a plus.
- Previous experience with a proprietary healthcare system highly preferred.
- Previous Behavioral healthcareexperience highly preferred.
- Experienceworking withinformation technology and proficiency with software packages including Excel and Word.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility staff, physicians, and corporate staff.
Job Type: Full-time